Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New job - haven't signed a contract yet but been invited for an interview at differen

• 27-09-2020 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

New job is going ok, but a few recent internal issues (reshuffling of staff, people leaving) plus my new manager deciding to leave has made me question the position and potential longevity

Good news is I am yet to sign a contract at new job, they wanted me to start straight away and as I was unemployed I took them up on this.. maybe too swiftly but oh well. Now A different, 'better' company (more exciting work, career progression etc) who I applied for around the same time have just invited me for an interview after 3-4 weeks of waiting.

I will weigh things up after the interview but do people think it is personally reasonable to quit this place? I will upset new management but it would be good to get other people's perspectives.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭landofthetree

You do not have to give notice if you:

Have been working for your employer for less than 13 weeks, and
    Have no contract of employment specifying a notice period.
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/starting_work_and_changing_job/changing_job/giving_notice.html#l064d0

I think its reasonable to quit.
    I think as a good will gesture you should give them 1 weeks notice. They can have no complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    New job is going ok, but a few recent internal issues (reshuffling of staff, people leaving) plus my new manager deciding to leave has made me question the position and potential longevity

Good news is I am yet to sign a contract at new job, they wanted me to start straight away and as I was unemployed I took them up on this.. maybe too swiftly but oh well. Now A different, 'better' company (more exciting work, career progression etc) who I applied for around the same time have just invited me for an interview after 3-4 weeks of waiting.

I will weigh things up after the interview but do people think it is personally reasonable to quit this place? I will upset new management but it would be good to get other people's perspectives.

Your current company would drop you in a minute if it suited their needs & if they were serious about keeping you then they'd have made you sign a contract (although it would be merely symbolic this early in the employment).

It's your career so take control of it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    New job is going ok, but a few recent internal issues (reshuffling of staff, people leaving) plus my new manager deciding to leave has made me question the position and potential longevity.

People leaving and reorganisations are all part of the working life and in and of itself I would not see it as a reason to leave. There is not guarantee that this will not happen in the next place you go to to as well.

Leaving that aside, how do the two jobs stack up in terms of actual work, pay, conditions etc....

Advertisement