Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dcu Iv

Options
  • 05-11-2007 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi everyone
    DCU IV is on Saturday the 17th of November.
    Entry fee is €10 per person and it includes lunch and tea and biscuits.
    Teams are up to 20 people and there should be space for guests.
    Can you send team lists (advanced, beginner, left or right handed
    shooters and any special requests) and any guest requests to
    archery@redbrick.dcu.ie
    Starting time depends on numbers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

DCU stuck in some bleachers in the hall over the summer so there's going to be a little less space behind the shooting line for everyone (about a metre less than last year) and it looks like there is going to be more people shooting so things might get a little crowded. We're going to get the store rooms at the back of the hall opened so people can use those to leave anything they don't need for shooting.

Also and the DCU open day is on the same day as the IV so there may be some people in the viewing gallery above the hall.

And lastly the student bar is going to be opened just for people at the IV after the shoot

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

What would be the chances of being able to leave gear in DCU overnight if you're shooting in the DA shoot the next day?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gregario

Hi I would have no problem letting a couple of people leaving equipment overnight at dcu... It would of course be at your own risk though, of course :)

As for what dot was saying, yes there are now bleachers at the back so to allow room for nets we'll be moving the line back, it wont be much thou... A foot maybe.

As for the open day, the college is going to be busy but Im going to talk to the su and sports hall and make sure distractions are kept to a minimum!

Thats all from me,

Greg.
    Chair DCU archery.

Oh could you get your team lists to me before sunday as I have to make up the line arrangements. It would be much appreciated. Email to archery@redbrick.dcu.ie please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭lilRedSmurf

Im bringing some of the luxury all natural and chemical free skincare products I've been developing for a line that I'm hoping to get into a couple of the shops down here.

Here's a few of the things I'll be selling

- Real milk chocolate and cocoa butter lip balm
    - Real chocolate orange and cocoa butter lip balm
    - Real white chocolate, vanilla and cocoa butter lip balm

- Moisturising calendula and rose infused after shower body oil

- Bentonite, calendula and honey clay face mask for oily skin
    - Pink Kaolin, rose petal and honey clay face mask for normal/combination skin
    - White Kaolin calendula and honey clay face mask for sensitive skin

- Moisturising coconut butter sugar body scrub

- Hawaiian red alaea sea salt and rose petal bath salts

- Orange flower hand and body cream with vitamin E

I'll be bringing some of the Microwavable Heat Packs i had at the charity shoot (that everyone's been asking about) with me too.

Some people have asked me about gift baskets for christmas so I'll make a few up and I'll be taking orders when I'm there.

Everything except the gift baskets are between 3 and 15 euro

I'll most likely be around for the Dublin archers shoot on sunday too if they'll have me.

See you all soon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

It's a trap.

• Advertisement

It's a trap.

The atlantic ocean isn't big enough to stop you getting your bum kicked

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gregario

Apologies for any confusion but here are the final details for the DCU IV.
    The shoot is going to begin at 9.30. Sighters will be at 10 on saturday 17th.

The early group will consist of the following colleges:
    DCU
    DIT
    DKIT
    UCD
    MAYNOOTH

The late group will then be: (Starting at 11.30 all going well)
    CARLOW
    GMIT
    NIUG
    LIMERICK
    RCSI

Thanks for everyone who has sent in the teams lists, if you could keep them coming in the next day or two that would be much appreciated! If you have any preference of where you would like to shoot or what size face make sure to include it.

Just a few notes about the day...

We've booked out a bar for after the shoot, its beside the college so its a minute walk , there will be sandwiches and the like as reward for a hard days work. Come one, come all!
    Sure send me a quick email if you think your going to come so I can get a feel for numbers.

Also the pizza will be returning for its second year also...

By a freak coincidence of fate the DCU open day is going to be on the same day as the shoot, this is not going to effect us as I have talked to the sports hall and have warned of the consequences of distracting a bunch of concentrating archers!

We're moving the line back by about a foot to accommodate a bleacher that has recently gone in behind our nets. This isn't going to make a difference really, I just thought I would mention it so there is no surprises on the day, its just there is going to be slightly less room behind the line. We're going to open the storage rooms in case its necessary but it most likely will not be.

Anyway thats about it,
    if you have any questions feel free to email the club at Archery.Club@clubsandsocs.dcu.ie

Greg Jackson.
    Chair DCU Archery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Well hopefully this year DIT wont pry open the hub doors ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Memori

will the hot shot bunny be making a come back this year??????? does Gavin still have it?

If the Bunny's back i still have the name patches and I'm happy to do the sewing again. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

NIUG are coming? new college cant wait to make them :p
    i'll be there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭span

Memori wrote: »
    will the hot shot bunny be making a come back this year??????? does Gavin still have it?

I dont have it. Didn't win the reverse hot shot in UL.

I wont be able to make it this weekend:mad::mad:......stupid work.

Best of luck with the shoot DCU, I'm sure it will be run well as always.

See you all in Maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Scottish Rob

Well done to all involved for an excellent day's shoot.... congratulations to all the medal winners and... a huge thanks to Mac for sorting out the Student Awards.. Well done to one and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

Results are up at UCD web site: http://www.ucd.ie/archery/

And I have a host of usual questions about all different names:
    - who is Tom Breen shooting for GMIT: Thomas Breen who shot for GMIT in 05-06 season, or Tom Breen who shot for DIT last season?
    - what is the correct spelling for shooter from NUIG: Aengus O'Conghaile or Aonghais O'Connaill?
    - Sarah Hegarty from GMIT was written as male last year, but I suppose it's a mistake and it's a female name, correct?

MicS wrote: »
    - who is Tom Breen shooting for GMIT: Thomas Breen who shot for GMIT in 05-06 season, or Tom Breen who shot for DIT last season?

- Sarah Hegarty from GMIT was written as male last year, but I suppose it's a mistake and it's a female name, correct?

Ok... there is a Tom Breen that shot with DIT and there is a Thomas Breen that shoots for GMIT. 2 different people. The Thomas Breen that was at the DCU IV was from GMIT

And yes.. Sarah is most definitly female.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

I think this year is the year my record goes.

Pity I won't be there to see it :)

MicS wrote: »
    what is the correct spelling for shooter from NUIG: Aengus O'Conghaile or Aonghais O'Connaill?

First one, O'Conghaile.

Well done to DCU, that was a monster of an IV to organise and run smoothly. Thanks to all involved in the Dublin Archers shoot on the Sunday as well - we all enjoyed both shoots! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

well done in a great iv guys. had a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Blind man

I wasn't there, but i've heard reports of a ridiculously long line, FREE food, and good reports of craic an shenanagans in the evenin. From sounds a things it went well. Fair play.

is there two n's in shenanagans???

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭baggins

Blind man wrote: »

is there two n's in shenanagans???

Well clearly muffin there are at least 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ainenio

Cheers lads, I thought the bit I saw went well anyway,
    Few problems with the league table which are mainly our own fault,
    • Tara Purcell (barebow DKIT) was a guest shooter
    • Ashley Dooley Martyn (DCU) is male not female
    • Michele (with one l) Peporte (DCU) is female not male
    • the correct spelling of my own name is Áine Ní Óbáin (one day DCU will be able to spell it :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Memori

Oh theres a few more small ammendments that need to be made to the league table....

Hye Min Ahn (UL) should be moved to the female section,
    Roy Thornburg is really named Rory Thornburgh (UL).

Should Aonghais O Connaill really be in the female table?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

Good to see things are going well, sounds like ye had alot of fun. I don't recognise many of the names in the results page anymore but nice to look in. Good to see UCD on top, being a long time coming :)

Memori wrote: »
    Oh theres a few more small ammendments that need to be made to the league table....

Should Aonghais O Connaill really be in the female table?????

How right you are! Yup, he is a guy. Thanks Memori! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭MicS

Fixed all problems and uploaded to UCD site.
    I'd say you did a good job looking through the results :) I did not expect it. Sorry it took me so long to fix them.

Advertisement