Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to get

Options
  • 30-09-2006 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hay everyone,
    I was wondering what i should do about a small problame im having. Ive been shooting queit compently as of late, i can shoot at 20 and 30 meters quiet wel. (Well there always a but) "but" the Arten sight im using at the mo isent sutably for the longer didtence i want to be shooting. Can aneyone recomend at good quality sight that will alow me to shoot at the longer didtances of 50 and mabey 70 meters.

Thanks

Ian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭baggins

As far as i know just about any extendable sight will enable you to shoot longer distances, provided you have the poundage to hit the distances, so what to get largely depends on your budget and personal taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 AceCarey

Thanks i guss the next stop is the archery shop for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭corkarcher

Have a look at the cartel sights ie the 2000, tournament and championship sights (i can't remember which one i had), theyre good quality and so cheap it wouldnt matter if you just used it for even half a year if you wanted to upgrade further.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

I have to say I like my Arten Olympic sight. It's one of the few with the height guage attached to the riser rather than having it out by the sight pin. I have yet to have any rattling or looseness problems with it.

Also it has a metal sight pin which is very handy as it's hard to break it and interchangeable inserts so you can choose between crosshairs, dots and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quigo

I recently moved from an Arten sight as the sight shook loose due to the poundage I shoot, I had to use my leatherman to tighten it when ever I shot. I have moved to the Spigarellli Carbon 30 Sight which I am very happy with.

I agree with Baggins re the poundage shooting longer distances, also carbon arrows do help with this. These have a greater impact outdoors rather than the sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭toxof

baggins wrote:
    As far as i know just about any extendable sight will enable you to shoot longer distances,

The sight will not make a difference, because at longer distances the sight will be right up against the bow like a basic sight.

The reason for the long extender is to help on acuracy. This is because the furthur away your sight pin is from you the tighter the angle between your eye, pin and target. ie small movements with a long extension sight will be amplified greatly.

Thanks everyone i think ive got what i need and Corkarcher i am looking at a Cartel tournament sight or mabey championship sight thanks for everyones advice.

Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Carbon 30 is good, although I find it gets a bit "buzzy" with old age - I _have_ to have a quiet bow, so this annoyed me. The cartel sights are apparently good value for money, especially the worm-screw one that looks like a SureLoc...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Psychobiker

Ordering gear tomorrow with a Cartel Championship in it, i;ll let you know how it is, if you don't get to it before I lol

Well with the way my moneys looking at the mo it might be a while, both parents birthdays 3 days apart, expensave!!!!!! But do let me know what you think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement