Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paye jump

Options
  • 27-10-2020 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My paye payment has jumped by 100 euro this month. Im on a fixed rate contract therefore get paid the same every month.

Does anyone know why it would jump by so much in 1 month?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Your tax credits or cut off points must have changed, your payroll dept will be able to tell you straight away, your spouse if you have one may have paid less tax if you are jointly accessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bodes2224

keng66 wrote: »
    Your tax credits or cut off points must have changed, your payroll dept will be able to tell you straight away, your spouse if you have one may have paid less tax if you are jointly accessed.

I'm a single parent. So assessed on my own.
    My payroll department are extremely hard to get in contact with. Turnaround times at the minute is 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Check your last 3 payslips in the cumulative tax credit/cut off sections, you will be able to see if your monthly credit/cut-off has been reduced, if it has then ring revenue to find out why

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Six week turnaround for a payroll department? WTF?

If could have been anything tbh, any changes in your circumstances will be notified to your payroll department, who will apply it.

You can check your own details on your Revenue account to see what's changed;
    https://www.ros.ie/myaccount-web/sign_in.html?execution=e2s1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Bodes2224 wrote: »
    I'm a single parent. So assessed on my own.
    My payroll department are extremely hard to get in contact with. Turnaround times at the minute is 6 weeks

What's your approx gross annual or monthly salary?

(The standard rate tax band for a single parent is €39,300 so unless you've a well paid job, it's unlikely that you'd have passed that by month 10 of the tax year!).

Alternatively post up the cumulative totals of your gross pay and PAYE to date this year and someone will attempt to do the maths.

(Presumably your yearly tax credits come to €4,950?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭maneno

What's your approx gross annual or monthly salary?

(The standard rate tax band for a single parent is €39,300 so unless you've a well paid job, it's unlikely that you'd have passed that by month 10 of the tax year!).

Alternatively post up the cumulative totals of your gross pay and PAYE to date this year and someone will attempt to do the maths.

(Presumably your yearly tax credits come to €4,950?)

how would the tax credit come to 4950 as a single person unless they have credits transferred from a spouse?

maneno wrote: »
    how would the tax credit come to 4950 as a single person unless they have credits transferred from a spouse?

Why not look it up! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

My paye payment has jumped by 100 euro this month. Im on a fixed rate contract therefore get paid the same every month.

The only experts on your tax query are the Revenue themselves.Call them and ask.Have your PPS number ready and also,your employer's tax reference number ,if possible.The Revenue phone number begins with 1890 and 6 digits.They answer very quickly Covid or no Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

maneno wrote: »

Lone parents get three tax credits: 1650 + PAYE 1650 + Lone Parent 1650 = 4950.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Have you logged into your Revenue MyAccount and checked if anything has changed with your credits/rate and band in the last few weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Bodes2224

I'm on 32000 per year but was on 40000 per year up until March.

I have tried to look on the revenue website but im blocked and have to contact them and quote rule 9. Any idea what this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I'm on 32000 per year but was on 40000 per year up until March.

I have tried to look on the revenue website but im blocked and have to contact them and quote rule 9. Any idea what this is?

So your rate band has been reduced by something worth €8,000 that revenue believe is taxable. Have you been in receipt of any type of welfare payments this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Dognapper

If you where in receipt of any covid income supports then your tax will be significantly higher for a few months as it will change From cumulative to week one, only going by what revenue told me so I could be very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭maneno

Geuze wrote: »
    Lone parents get three tax credits: 1650 + PAYE 1650 + Lone Parent 1650 = 4950.

thanks for explaining

"A customer will be blocked from using Revenue's online service in certain circumstances, for example, if the customer is not tax resident in Ireland or if the customer’s civil status changed during the year. A message will be displayed to blocked customers advising them to contact Revenue quoting the relevant rule number."

I can think of a number of possibilities, but the best thing to do is to contact Revenue's National PAYE Helpline - 01 738 3636 [open from 09:30 - 13:30] to resolve the issue.

Advertisement