Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever met an actual Psychopath?

• 23-09-2020 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I dont mean narcissists or egotists but a fully-fledged Psychopath.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'm married to ones daughter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I have met two people diagnosed as one.

One i didn't know too well.

The other was perfectly nice. Lovely girl.

She had pushed another girl through a window. Would do hard drugs. Sell hard drugs. Lots of other stuff.

But she would do anything for anyone.

But after I met her she just explained to me ' I have no conscience' ...but she understood consequence. Which is rare for sociopaths. She did care about certain people ..like her mom ...but others meant nothing.

She didn't care about things. She would crash her new car into a wall if she needed to get through the wall.

If she wanted something ..none of her own possessions or her own safety mattered to her ....

She was quite a cheerful light soul! She wasn't very emotional. She was actually lovely to be around. Light. No heaviness.

She never caused me any drama ...but you would hear things ...like last week she broke into her boss's office but managed to get away with explaining it and keep her job.

Everything she did ...i got the impression there was no emotion behind it. Even if she was 'angry' or acting out..it didn't seem real. And sure enough when she was around her friends ..and people had nothing they could give her ...she wasn't dramatic or emotional at all.

She loved her mom. But at the same time ..she moved country ..and never spoke to her mom for years ..not because they had a row ...but ....she just didn't.

One of my fav people. Normal people are FAR more problematic.

One thing ..she didnt like violence. AT ALL. Not into it. But if it had to be done ..that was another matter.

She wasn't into blood and guts etc.

But she had no issue putting herself into dangerous situations if she needed to. No fear.

Not very narcissitic though ..or egotistical.

But i wonder if the diagnosis ...can be something that changes ..like you can NOT be one after a while.

People would say she would use people partic men for money ..but she didnt see it like that. Shrug.

I never really saw her hurt people. And she was only ever nice to me and people I know.

I liked her and thought she was nice :)

I met one last Christmas, he insisted Ronan Keating's version of Fairytale of New York surpassed Shane MacGowan.

A lot of 'heroes' ....are sociopaths.

Like superman. Crazy.

Its just not all sociopaths are nasty. They had enough good people around them to put them on the right track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I reckon we've all probably known a couple without knowing...

• Advertisement

I think i have always known....but i am only telling about the people i for sure know were officially diagnosed.

But yes ..you are correct.

But normal people ...are far worse than sociopaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

What's the difference a psychopath and a sociopath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    What's the difference a psychopath and a sociopath?

Sociopaths understand good v bad a bit more than psychopaths. But difference is marginal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

1% of population are psychopaths. So you've certainly come across a few.

By the way ...the girl I was talking about ...her sister was one too ..only way way way worse.

She had to have her kids taken away from her.

She ended up becoming brain damaged from drug use .....really sad story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

I met one last Christmas, he insisted Ronan Keating's version of Fairytale of New York surpassed Shane MacGowan.

Jesus Christ. That has to be the worst music opinion I've ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Yes, my former Biology teacher.

Woman had serious issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Yes, I worked on the door with Levi Bellfield in London, just seemed like one of the lads but always thought he was too eager to please when around the lads that he used to work with,

Then I saw his face plastered all over the papers years later, may the fcker burn in hell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Yeah, my boss.

They intentionally mispronounce and misspell names. They see them as a just a label for an individual and a deviation from the ones they've learned is too much distinction to be bothered with.

One time they had a concussion and phoned me... the stuff they said to me was absolutely mindblowing.

steamsey wrote: »
    Sociopaths understand good v bad a bit more than psychopaths. But difference is marginal

The girls i knew was just diagnosed APSD ..it was her mom that told me...then she told me herself.

BTW ..

I also knew a girl who shot the uncle of a friend of mine when she was 15.

When she was about 7 ....(we went to the same primary) i always thought she would be the one to ever kill anyone ...if i was ever going to know someone.

Not because she was a sociopath...but because she was way too emotional and passionate for a 7 yr old. It was odd. Not a lot of self control. Overly empathetic in some ways. Misbehaving ...but in a naive heartfelt way ....she wanted to run away with her best friend ..etc. She couldn't keep her head down. Always had these crazy intense relationships. I felt smothered just being in the same class as her.

I would say she was bi polar ...judging solely by the other bi polar people I have met ( i apologize to anyone reading this who is bi polar tho...)

I know a lot of other people who have done bad or extreme things ....but they are always very empathetic ....emotional and feeling they need other people. They are sometimes more exhausting to be around than sociopaths ..

s1ippy wrote: »
    Yeah, my boss.

They intentionally mispronounce and misspell names. They see them as a just a label for an individual and a deviation from the ones they've learned is too much distinction to be bothered with.

One time they had a concussion and phoned me... the stuff they said to me was absolutely mindblowing.
    A concussion will do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Only casually, in passing, we nod to one another and stare. 1st thing every morning. Which is disconcerting.

Then I finish washing my face and embrace the day (when I can stop obsessing how to kill that b*stard).

An Ri rua wrote: »
    (when I can stop obsessing how to kill that b*stard).

Don't make the world less colorful! ;)

Actually once ...i had to go into a place that did medical research with a friend ..i didn't see this but she SAYS she did ..

This guy ....he wanted to show her animals meant nothing here ..so he just picked up a rabbit and injected into its eye ..for no reason ...just to show off and upset her..

I have no idea if she is exaggerating ...or what ..but that is what she said ..she did seem every shaken.

I met him a few times ...he did seem weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

A lot of 'heroes' ....are sociopaths.

Like superman. Crazy.

Its just not all sociopaths are nasty. They had enough good people around them to put them on the right track.

Superman is a sap. A goody two shoes. A Jesus figure on his Cross.

Now Batman, there's Gothic rage. He validates being a psychopath as a life choice or path. Pure unreconstructed primal 'F*ck you'.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Superman is a sap. A goody two shoes. A Jesus figure on his Cross.

Now Batman, there's Gothic rage. He validates being a psychopath as a life choice or path. Pure unreconstructed primal 'F*ck you'.
    He's no psycho ...he's too miserable and guilt ridden.

Psychos are happy.

Remember the peter pan quote ..'i forget them after i kill them'.

Psychos are happy people.:)

They enjoy life.

I have always thought cu chulainn was the ultimate psycho

Animal violence as a kid ..check (killed dog)

Epic violence.

Also killed his own son.

Big ego.

Risky sexual behaviors! (man hoe!) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭blueskys

I worked with someone who turned out to be a violent psychopath in the uk years ago. One day we were out for lunch and a loose pitbull crossbreed came around the corner barking and ran full pelt at us. While we all **** ourselves the psychopath turned square to the dog and let out a low guttural growl. The dog stopped in its tracks and did an quick uturn back down the street. The psychopath then acted like it had never happened. He was later done for serious crimes. You would never suspect him from his appearance. Strange how the dog knew though.

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    YUP WE DO!

I've always thought so.

I hate cycle paths, they're the worst.

I hate cycle paths, they're the worst.

That's why I stick to the road

s1ippy wrote: »
    Yeah, my boss.

They intentionally mispronounce and misspell names. .

A guy i know calls me a diff name .....its because he can't remember my actual name and i can't be arsed to tell him. We have an unspoken agreement not to mention it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

A guy i know calls me a diff name .....its because he can't remember my actual name and i can't be arsed to tell him. We have an unspoken agreement not to mention it.

Do you have an off switch?

Advertisement