Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Sept 11

Options
  • 11-09-2020 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

A cold day in the history books but hopefully these can bring some cheer. Did a write up for this fella a week ago so won't repeat. He was a NR along with stablemate here red jack the last day hes either trying and wins or falls out the back of the telly. If the price drifts you'll know not to back it I guess. Timiyan 13/2

Deployed a bit of cliff horse for me. Backed him in last 2 races after his rules debut race which was hot enough form wise. Hoping this early season maiden hurdle is a soft target 6/1.

Darkest lmk 2.15 @ 5/1 is another with some backend form that I'll risk.

GL

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

That Flying Childers looks like some race. Pity The Lir Jet is a N/R now. Gonna go with Frenetic 11\2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I think Steel Bull is a special horse and will take all the beating in 2.40.
    More than fair excuse the last day. Could have won half the track at goodwood with a clear passage.
    A line through Miss Amulet has him much closer to Sacred than the market suggests.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I backing Frenetic at Donnie. Having a small saver on Winter Power, but Frenetic has been in all the big 2 yr old races this year, looks overpriced at 5's. This weekend must have been part of the plan and I reckon he has gone there cause he is better at 5f than 6 f, otherwise he could have run at the Curragh Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

BumperD wrote: »

GL

Shout, lumping the winnings on Timiyan now. Fair phucks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭BagheeraBlue

Ireland just does not do sprinters and i fall for it every time

maximo31 wrote: »

I hope none of his workmates have it. Could spell the end of racing for some time.

I hope none of his workmates have it. Could spell the end of racing for some time.

Salivating about the prospect?

I don't forget a face.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Salivating about the prospect?

I don't forget a face.

Absolutely not. What makes you think that?

Absolutely not. What makes you think that?

If I remember correctly you were very vocal about getting the races shut down last March?

Now 1 jockey tests positive and you trying to get the entire sport shut down again?

"I hope none of his workmates have it. Could spell the end of racing for some time."

Get a grip with the drama please, you sound worse than Kevin Blake.

• Advertisement

If I remember correctly you were very vocal about getting the races shut down last March?

Now 1 jockey tests positive and you trying to get the entire sport shut down again?

"I hope none of his workmates have it. Could spell the end of racing for some time."

Get a grip with the drama please, you sound worse than Kevin Blake.

Really? Expressing concern for an industry that is struggling = wanting the whole industry closed down? Your username is apt.

Really? Expressing concern for an industry that is struggling = wanting the whole industry closed down? Your username is apt.

Nah baby, you had the same poxy hystronic attitude last March, you are all about the drama. Get a room with Kevin Blake please.

Deep down it is all about the drama with posters like you, you don't really care about the industry and if I remember correctly you were just as uncivil the last time we discussed this matter. See the thread link to jog your memory, I don't forget piss takers or take their comments lightly.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058063419

Nah baby, you had the same poxy hystronic attitude last March, you are all about the drama. Get a room with Kevin Blake please.

Deep down it is all about the drama with posters like you, you don't really care about the industry and if I remember correctly you were just as uncivil the last time we discussed this matter. See the thread link to jog your memory, I don't forget piss takers or take their comments lightly.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058063419

You are misunderstanding my points. Nowhere have I posted my opposition to racing. Concern for the wider racing family during this pandemic only.

You are misunderstanding my points. Nowhere have I posted my opposition to racing. Concern for the wider racing family during this pandemic only.

My point exactly, you are all about the drama.

This conversation is not going to improve, do you have any fancies for this weekend?

My point exactly, you are all about the drama.

This conversation is not going to improve, do you have any fancies for this weekend?

Not really. But I’ll do my Saturday placepot anyway!

What do you think are the chances of Leopardstown going ahead this Christmas with racegoers?

Not really. But I’ll do my Saturday placepot anyway!

What do you think are the chances of Leopardstown going ahead this Christmas with racegoers?

Lets hope so.

I personally think the virus is on the fizzle out. Still a lot of hype and it keeps people in the media with something to faff around with.

The reality is that the whole world is much better equipped to deal with the virus now, it is no longer a mystery like it was 6 months ago, that helps in treatment alone. I also reckon Ireland was swamped with it long before Cheltenham or racing got the finger for it, all those nursing home deaths were always going to happen and they dried up fairly quickly. Very few people ending up in hospital now, although drama queens and the media are salivating as usual, hence my snappy response.

I don't see why 10,000 people could not enjoy a day at the races in December providing Covid 20 does not arrive by then, this type of crap tends to come in 3's.

I am going balls deep into Galileo Chrome in the ledger tomorrow, if it wins I am bringing my lover to Naples for a dirty week away. Wish me luck please. If Armory wins the Champion Stakes we are staying in the Hotel Romeo.

Lets hope so.

I personally think the virus is on the fizzle out. Still a lot of hype and it keeps people in the media with something to faff around with.

The reality is that the whole world is much better equipped to deal with the virus now, it is no longer a mystery like it was 6 months ago, that helps in treatment alone. I also reckon Ireland was swamped with it long before Cheltenham or racing got the finger for it, all those nursing home deaths were always going to happen and they dried up fairly quickly. Very few people ending up in hospital now, although drama queens and the media are salivating as usual, hence my snappy response.

I don't see why 10,000 people could not enjoy a day at the races in December providing Covid 20 does not arrive by then, this type of crap tends to come in 3's.

I am going balls deep into Galileo Chrome in the ledger tomorrow, if it wins I am bringing my lover to Naples for a dirty week away. Wish me luck please. If Armory wins the Champion Stakes we are staying in the Hotel Romeo.

How sweet!

I’m on Pestana at 10s and Glengar Bale at 16s in the greyhound derby. Semis tomorrow night. Might win enough for Sunday lunch in Raheen House!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Billythekid19

BumperD wrote: »
    A cold day in the history books but hopefully these can bring some cheer. Did a write up for this fella a week ago so won't repeat. He was a NR along with stablemate here red jack the last day hes either trying and wins or falls out the back of the telly. If the price drifts you'll know not to back it I guess. Timiyan 13/2

Deployed a bit of cliff horse for me. Backed him in last 2 races after his rules debut race which was hot enough form wise. Hoping this early season maiden hurdle is a soft target 6/1.

GL

Great shout on darkest
    Looks like timiyan is a non trier out to 16/1 on betfair.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

How sweet!

I’m on Pestana at 10s and Glengar Bale at 16s in the greyhound derby. Semis tomorrow night. Might win enough for Sunday lunch in Raheen House!

Take your aftertiming elsewhere you utter scumbag. Much appreciated!

Advertisement