Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get unidentified stain out of a dress?

Options
  • 22-10-2019 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Bit of a weird one, but I bought a dress in a charity shop and when I took it home, I noticed there was a stain on the bottom. Problem is, I don't know what the stain is! It's a rusty colour (I'm hoping it's not blood :o) so it could be wine or a drink of some sort that hasn't washed out. It's a neoprene, stretchy type material. What's the best way to get an unidentified stain out without damaging the fabric? I never have any luck with vanish soap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Soaking in cold water can't do any harm to neoprene. Leave the stain to get good and wet for a good long time: then rub it gently with a soapy finger. Maybe scrub with a toothbrush on the wrong side of fabric. Best of luck!

Advertisement