Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 237: Namajunas vs. Andrade

Options
  • 11-05-2019 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭

Usual times on bt sports...11.30 1.0 3.0

16i8js5.jpg2ed6y5k.jpg

Rose the underdog here which surprises me a little, should have a speed advantage here unless she gets clipped.

silva would have made mincemeat of canonier in his prime it goes without saying, he's the underdog here also but I still think he'll take canonier.

Aldo volkanovski is a hard one to call, aldo beat the possibly the hottest prospect in the div last time out and is still probably only behind max in the division so I'll go for aldo.
    Volkanovski looks dangerous, maybe a more polished jeremy stephens type fighter but I still think aldo will be able to handle him.

I can't get too excited about the rest of the card and less said
    about bj penn the better.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭SouthDublin6w

Predictions and my bet:

Rose,
    Jared,
    Volkanovski,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cmon Rose, keep the streak going! Nerves will be at me watching that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Top performance by Alves, those leg kicks ooh.

BJ Penn/Guida was desperate, was hoping given BJ made it to decision he'd announce retirement(for good this time) , he bolted immediately just hope he's under no delusions. Now has more losses than wins in the UFC what a brown stain his return has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

they'll give bj another fight i reckon, sad but true :o

Top performance by Alves, those leg kicks ooh.

BJ Penn/Guida was desperate, was hoping given BJ made it to decision he'd announce retirement(for good this time) , he bolted immediately just hope he's under no delusions. Now has more losses than wins in the UFC what a brown stain his return has been.

That is some stat for a former champ who ruled the division in his prime.
    I think it's the first time we've seen a stat like that tbh.

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    I think it's the first time we've seen a stat like that tbh.
    Think so off the top of my head imagine Big Rig and Shogun run it close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Cmon Rose, keep the streak going! Nerves will be at me watching that one.

Yessss!!! I hope she wins man! I really do.

Think so off the top of my head imagine Big Rig and Shogun run it close.

Rua does run it close

I forget sometimes that these pride legends don't have such good records in the ufc

Wish Megan olivi would feck off altogether

She doesn't belong there, painful...how can they not see that?
    Keep her in the background

mailburner wrote: »
    Rua does run it close

I forget sometimes that these pride legends don't have such good records in the ufc

At the same time they drop one, win one here or there not lose 7 in a row which is now BJ sadly :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Yessss!!! I hope she wins man! I really do.

Me too, big fan of Rose (I have a huge crush on her too)but this girl Andrade (who is slight fav in bookies) looks really tough. She definitely won't be tapping to strikes like Joanna and Rose wont knock her out either. She is hard as nails.

I've stayed up to watch it but I don't think it's going to be exciting like her fights vs JJ or Rousey v Holm. I think Rose will try to win by decision and that actually is probably her best strategy as the UFC would never take the belt off her in a decision, not just cause the usual, 'you have to take the belt' stuff but because they want a pretty American girl to be the face of the womens division now that Rousey's gone. They want Thug Rose to be the new darling. And I hope she is, she has a great personality and proved herself big time by beating JJ twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Fancy a rose first round finish

Rose rockin acdc
    Love pat barry too...bring it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Rose rockin acdc
    Love pat barry too...bring it

spoke too soon

F**K me that was some slam, Rampageesque :eek:

There goes another tenner to the bookies!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

She was dominating the fight up until that too. Such a pity

Man Rose was picking her apart, looked like she was going to cruise to a W. I can't believe she got knocked out by a slam, fair play to Andrade going back for it after it didnt work the first time.

Glad Rose looked okay, the way she landed right on her neck could have done massive damage, even being slammed by a short girl.

Good fight, fair play to her for going into Brazil and almost winning.

I really, really don't want to watch that Rousey interview. Something about her just makes my skin crawl. She seems like the kind of person who you would hate to have to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Jesus.. I'm probably a bit of an MMA noob compared to you guys, but I've never seen a finish like that before!

Officer999 wrote: »
    She was dominating the fight up until that too. Such a pity

They're talking about her retiring now as she apparently struggles with the stress. And that slam was scary, you could end up paralyzed.

But she was winning up to then. I'd say she'll be back. She seems to prefer being the challenger and not having expectations on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

They're talking about her retiring now as she apparently struggles with the stress. And that slam was scary, you could end up paralyzed.

But she was winning up to then. I'd say she'll be back. She seems to prefer being the challenger and not having expectations on her.

She was absolutely picking Andrade apart in the first round. That's what I love about MMA and why there are so few unbeaten records.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Crazy powerful slam by Andrade, good to see Rose wasn't badly hurt after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Woke up to a nice few pound in my betting account. Andrade , Volkanovski and Cannoneer.

Haven't watched any MMA in months, is this one worth watching back later?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭SouthDublin6w

Woke up to a nice few pound in my betting account. Andrade , Volkanovski and Cannoneer.

Haven't watched any MMA in months, is this one worth watching back later?

I had rose, Volkanovski and Jared. Disappointed ha

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

She did say it might be the last time she fights.

I don't know why but she was just backing up in straight lines in that second round. Not like her. Thanxbetajaysus she's alright cos that could have been particularly bad.

Her performance is most likley to do with the bus incedent. shes scared for life after it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw absolutely sickened for Rose, she was putting on a clinic, what a way to go out. Still has the tools to come back and be champ if she wanted but if not, then she has been an incredible entry to women's MMA and I'll still be watching YouTube vids of her and Pat loving life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Absolutely delighted for Andrade. Thats the real "Thug" right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Her performance is most likley to do with the bus incedent. shes scared for life after it

So she got slammed on her head and knocked out because of Conor? :rolleyes:

Come on. You really need to let that go and stop looking for excuses. There was absolutely nothing wrong with her "performance". She was looking great up until that moment, as the commentary will tell you. DC was creaming himself over how good she was looking. Namajunas was out pointing Andrade until Jessica got a hold of her and then she had no answers for her strength and power. She just got beaten fair and square by the better fighter. End of.

mangobob wrote: »
    So she got slammed on her head and knocked out because of Conor? :rolleyes:

Come on. You really need to let that go and stop looking for excuses. There was absolutely nothing wrong with her "performance". She was looking great up until that moment, as the commentary will tell you. DC was creaming himself over how good she was looking. Namajunas was out pointing Andrade until Jessica got a hold of her and then she had no answers for her strength and power. She just got beaten fair and square by the better fighter. End of.

I didn't even see the fight man was just fishing . Will watch it tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Me too, big fan of Rose (I have a huge crush on her too)but this girl Andrade (who is slight fav in bookies) looks really tough. She definitely won't be tapping to strikes like Joanna and Rose wont knock her out either. She is hard as nails.
    I think Rose will try to win by decision and that actually is probably her best strategy as the UFC would never take the belt off her in a decision, not just cause the usual, 'you have to take the belt' stuff but because they want a pretty American girl to be the face of the womens division now that Rousey's gone.
    What the UFC want is irrelevant. That doesn't influence decisions.

Advertisement