Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing Together

Options
  • 28-07-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

There are number of in-client methods of player communication and community building, and I suggest we make the most of them, as well as potentially an IRC channel.
    Someone who knows more about IRC stuff than me should probably make an IrishMOBA channel on Quakenet, and in the meantime, I would suggest using the LoL client's in-built chatroom function to make and join Boards.ie on start-up, and a Dota 2 guild as well.

(small edit: there may also be some of these already present for the Irish scene, I know theres a pretty big IrishLoL channel that has a lot of Irish players in it)

I can't speak for the other games, since I'm not familiar with them, but does this seem like a good course of action to take for the boards community?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

#IrishMOBA is up and running now ;)

Also took up #BoardsMOBA incase its more appealing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

People really need to use the guild chat more in dota and everything would be fine. I'm guilty of it myself. Or else I think we should all add each other and spam requests for now :p
    Most people that I know play don't use IRC any more, the chat is basically that and automatic

Worth remembering there is a cross of games here, not everyone is on DOTA ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

As far as I understand LoL has the same chatroom functionality.
    I don't realistically see a younger generation using IRC any more.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

For anyone who hasn't a bog what IRC is or how to set up a client, here's a handy web based app.

Step 1:
    Click the link below. Go on!
    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=irishmoba&uio=d4

Step 2:
    Enter a nickname

Step 3:
    Join the chat

Step 4:
    Chat!

• Advertisement

It's certainly worth having a sticky with a web client in teh first post if people think this is the way to go.

#IrishMOBA seems to be the preference, its setup with Q now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

How do I join the DOTA2 boards.ie guild? I don't really see it on the interface?

How do I join the DOTA2 boards.ie guild? I don't really see it on the interface?

From the DOTA thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85549925&postcount=11

Advertisement