Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The International 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

The western teams in this Dota seem to be pretty competitive, was that to be expected or are the Asians just messing about waiting for the main tournament ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dignitas and Fnatic have been the surprise ones so far. But I wouldn't rule out the other teams yet. The casters pointed out last year that the likes of Na'Vi had a poor start to their campaigns but finished out strong.

Liquid is another team that pretty much surprised me. Their first game looked like they didn't belong at all, I was almost thinking 'How in the hell did they get an invite'... things changed quickly, they've been very rugged and determined in their gameplay.

I'm still wafting through yesterdays matches, some quality stuff but again some very average stuff too (Rattlesnakes desperate SB with Doom + LS tactics comes to mind). iNv looked terrible too and also rumours from bootcamp is that TongFu were playing below their standards too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The Europeans really caught up in the last year, with both alliance and navi going over to china and winning tournaments (never done before). dignitas beating lgd and liquid beating tongfu were surprises. fnatic doing ebtter than expected. That liquid tongfu game with ursa and viper was amazing.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

the level of the teams is far more even this year than last. looking forward to todays games. gonna get a big fat chipper to go with this hangover :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jesus Fnatic and Dignatas showing good form for the second day. Getting a bit worried for Na'vi now! :P

Also, anyone see TongFu vs Alliance. What an awesome set of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

yeah, i don't really know much about the game but alliance seem really strong. Stomped them in the second game anyway.

oh look, Xboct (4) is top of the carry charts so far :p well, beyondthesummit say so, with loda in 2nd place.

lumi was rating the aspects of different teams before the event and rated Na'Vi's carry ability as 4 out of 10, so xboct has now put a 4 beside his name to remind everyone how bad he is :) lumi has had confrontations with him before and is a renown lick arse so dont take what he says seriously

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

BMMachine wrote: »
    oh look, Xboct (4) is top of the carry charts so far :p well, beyondthesummit say so, with loda in 2nd place.

lumi was rating the aspects of different teams before the event and rated Na'Vi's carry ability as 4 out of 10, so xboct has now put a 4 beside his name to remind everyone how bad he is :) lumi has had confrontations with him before and is a renown lick arse so dont take what he says seriously
    They're both in my fantasy team :p

By the 4 they meant that there were 6 better carries in the tournament they said, which is fair enough, he took it wrong because using a hexagon was stupid by them as it always rates out of ten skillwise

Standings after Day 2

265684.png

Each team has two games left to play today, then a break on the 6th. As it stands Invasion and Victus are guaranteed to be in the lower bracket. Alliance are the only team to be currently guaranteed a top bracket place, currently undefeated. Rest of the spots still up for grabs but you have to heavily favour Na'vi to come top in group 1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Standings after Day 2

265684.png

Each team has two games left to play today, then a break on the 6th. As it stands Invasion and Victus are guaranteed to be in the lower bracket. Alliance are the only team to be currently guaranteed a top bracket place, currently undefeated. Rest of the spots still up for grabs but you have to heavily favour Na'vi to come top in group 1.

Na'Vi and Orange are both guaranteed a spot in the upper bracket as well, and rattlesnake are in the lower bracket. Given the way the brackets currently are, both iG and LGD.china have a pretty good chance of being knocked down to the lower bracket after today's matches. I wonder how many people would have predicted that?

• Advertisement

You're right, I didn't do my maths right. Too tired!

Na'Vi vs LGD game 2. Dendi pudge. Watch it.

oh that was hilarious. Funnik is pretty good there too

Alliance's game vs Orange. Just wow. GG called at 13 mins, Alliance were owning them before the game even began!

Alliance's game vs Orange. Just wow. GG called at 13 mins, Alliance were owning them before the game even began!

13 minutes of whenever is still too much, but I'd like to thank alliance for pushing when they found out she was casting

13 minutes of whenever is still too much, but I'd like to thank alliance for pushing when they found out she was casting

god her voice... so annoying. dunno how she has such a fanbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

People still listen to dota 2 casters? I find them all intolerable apart from BTS, and that's cos BTS throws in the flames.

game is boring without casters.

X7TCbJZ.gif

game is intolerable with casters. Vastly preferred SingSing commenting while he watched the games.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    game is intolerable with casters. Vastly preferred SingSing commenting while he watched the games.

SingSing is a dope. I don't get why people like him.

• Advertisement

SingSing messes around a lot, but when he's being serious he's a top tier player. His casting is quite good as well, very insightful.

He can be good when he wants to be and have good casts but I think the point is that he is retarded :-p

I vastly prefer a pro player's pure analytical commentary and he was doing it for TI3 games. Fear's was better when he was analyzing G1. You might dislike his trolling and retarded behaviour in MMing but his laning is pretty good and his map movement is nice to watch. rtz' better if you want to watch someone just wreck games. Personally I don't see why people like Demon's streams.

I much prefer games when there is a commentator to be honest. Gobear has a Breakycpk T shirt.

Indeed, pretty boring without one. BTS were great

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Gobear has Breakycpk Jammies

FTFY

Edit: The moons have aligned and I may get to play tonight, am sitting here at work not even pretending to do anything, just watching games from the weekend that I missed. Fnatic ****ting on Na'Vi, albeit Na'Vi typically need a couple games at lan to get momentum, Liquid playing Ursa and Viper, and how its 4 Chinese and 4 non chinese teams in the upper bracket.

I think it's time to stop being a TL fan though. Consistent disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chillahx

Bet rares on Alliance every game now, haven't lost any yet...

Great first post, easiest rares of your life

• Advertisement

If I knew somebody over there I would get them to buy me this dota 2 headset
    http://steelseries.com/products/games/dota2/steelseries-siberia-v2-dota-2-edition

Advertisement