Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Kavanagh falling out with Everybody

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Maybe if he was his own man instead of a pound shop McGregor. He too cocky for someone that hasn't got much to be cocky about also. Got starched a few fights ago too doesn't seem to have humbled him any

Its all so forced, nothing natural about it. Dillon Danis is trying the same thing and its painful to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Jeez thats all quite sad,seems that Kavanagh shafted the lot of them.

This is an exaggeration.

He didn't shaft them. They all have successful businesses as a result of John coaching them.

John is not an emotional guy however, and when people leave to go their own thing he wishes them well and focuses on his own team. Communication is certainly not a strong point, I agree there and he would not contact you if he did not have to. But that is very much his personality, someone who likes being on their own.

Those guys probably expected a bit more having been involved in SBG for so many years. Which is a normal enough expectation, and probably felt disappointed. But I am sure John didn't feel he owned them anything, and they the skill and blue print to run their own gyms. Communication does go both ways however. So if people havent spoken in years , it means there are two sides who have not picked up the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Maybe if he was his own man instead of a pound shop McGregor. He too cocky for someone that hasn't got much to be cocky about also. Got starched a few fights ago too doesn't seem to have humbled him any

He's a discount Conor. Right down to the discount tattoos and same fake laugh that Conor puts on. And he had the nerve to say the guy he was going after in that was a faker without any sense of irony or self awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Have you considered the wild idea of asking any of the people mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

Have you considered the wild idea of asking any of the people mentioned?

Do we know if the OP knows any of the people involved?

I've never met any of the people mentioned on the thread, so I'm pretty sure if I strolled up to any of the SBG clubs and asked the people mentioned what happened between themselves and JK, I'd be politely told to fück off.

There is a strange situation on boards regarding SBG. It is by far the most successful MMA club in Ireland ever, and as a result it attracts a lot of attention from MMA fans. It looks like, from the outside, there has been a series of fallouts, or a slow disintegration at the upper echelons, so this becomes a talking point.

The flip side is that MMA as a sport is quite parochial in Ireland, so posters on here train there, and feel they have an allegiance to the club and trainers. As a result, when questions are asked, or perceived faults, failings etc are pointed out, people become defensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,317 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Tuke has no love for James Gallagher either

Does anyone like that Conor wannabe?

Never heard of him but looked him up on yt, odd character to put it mildly

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Kavanagh is an oddball with narcissistic personality traits.

Fell out with mctapper multiple times

Tom Egan cut from the club

Hoolahan and JK had a clear falling out.
    JK refused to indulge on helwani show.
    This was due to interference with sbg Tallaght investors and paddy told him get rammed.

Fields and kavanagh no longer in touch either.

All a bit bizarre.

Egan fields and hoolahan have all refused to expand on the fall outs but did say they were excluded

Never heard of him but looked him up on yt, odd character to put it mildly

Yep. He's definitely trying too hard to be like Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

cletus wrote: »
    Do we know if the OP knows any of the people involved?

I've never met any of the people mentioned on the thread, so I'm pretty sure if I strolled up to any of the SBG clubs and asked the people mentioned what happened between themselves and JK, I'd be politely told to fück off.

There is a strange situation on boards regarding SBG. It is by far the most successful MMA club in Ireland ever, and as a result it attracts a lot of attention from MMA fans. It looks like, from the outside, there has been a series of fallouts, or a slow disintegration at the upper echelons, so this becomes a talking point.

The flip side is that MMA as a sport is quite parochial in Ireland, so posters on here train there, and feel they have an allegiance to the club and trainers. As a result, when questions are asked, or perceived faults, failings etc are pointed out, people become defensive.

I think it's more that the lads who are there a good while, such as Marty, are giving a logical opinion to counter the wild speculation of other, less informed, people.

Also no one seems to mention the fact that JK is likely incredibly busy, with such a big fight team etc.

Ultimately, the people that actually know the full story are JK, Paddy, Tom, Chris, Tom, etc.
    The rest is just speculation looking in from the outside.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I think it's more that the lads who are there a good while, such as Marty, are giving a logical opinion to counter the wild speculation of other, less informed, people.

Also no one seems to mention the fact that JK is likely incredibly busy, with such a big fight team etc.

Ultimately, the people that actually know the full story are JK, Paddy, Tom, Chris, Tom, etc.
    The rest is just speculation looking in from the outside.

Don't disagree with any of that, but 87% of what we do here is speculate. Certain posters seem adverse to speculation about SBG in particular

• Advertisement

Don't disagree with any of that, but 87% of what we do here is speculate. Certain posters seem adverse to speculation about SBG in particular

But what exactly is the point in speculation like this. If people would like you to know their motivation for their actions, youd know it.

Everything else is just gossip. So unless you have it in you to approach one of these individuals and ask them, you're never gonna know really. Unless ya buy paddy's book maybe.

But what exactly is the point in speculation like this. If people would like you to know their motivation for their actions, youd know it.

Everything else is just gossip. So unless you have it in you to approach one of these individuals and ask them, you're never gonna know really. Unless ya buy paddy's book maybe.

We speculate about and discuss fighters from all over the world, and from a variety of organisations. When will they fight, what gyms they've left, who are they training with etc etc.

Why should the fighters or trainers from SBG be any different?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

We speculate about and discuss fighters from all over the world, and from a variety of organisations. When will they fight, what gyms they've left, who are they training with etc etc.

Those don't don't stand up to scrutiny are John's friends and gym members. Paddy will you tell you he dislikes John it's no secret like

Does it really have to be said?

Ireland is tiny. The Irish mma scene is tiny. People on this forum will be genuinely close friends with many of the guys you are gossiping about. And when has gossip ever been that accurate. Plenty has been said between paddy's podcast and John's appearance with helwani anyway.

So again, word of mouth is the worst way to find out the info you're looking for. Go to the source if you really want to know. Otherwise I guess the info isn't really that important to you.

Does it really have to be said?

Ireland is tiny. The Irish mma scene is tiny. People on this forum will be genuinely close friends with many of the guys you are gossiping about. And when has gossip ever been that accurate. Plenty has been said between paddy's podcast and John's appearance with helwani anyway.

So again, word of mouth is the worst way to find out the info you're looking for. Go to the source if you really want to know. Otherwise I guess the info isn't really that important to you.

Think you might be confusing who was asking the questions. I'm asking why people can't ask. Per my first post on this topic, I'm aware of the parochial nature of Irish MMA, but you have to remember that more and more fans don't train, have never been in these clubs, or seen these people in the flesh. Discussing Paddy or John or Ais is no different than discussing, say, Chael Sonnen

Think you might be confusing who was asking the questions. I'm asking why people can't ask. Per my first post on this topic, I'm aware of the parochial nature of Irish MMA, but you have to remember that more and more fans don't train, have never been in these clubs, or seen these people in the flesh. Discussing Paddy or John or Ais is no different than discussing, say, Chael Sonnen

Its different. It's for that exact reason the forum has historically been much stricter on fighter bashing when it comes to local fighters

Its different. It's for that exact reason the forum has historically been much stricter on fighter bashing when it comes to local fighters

There's nobody fighter bashing that I can see, and any of the fighters in question have long passed 'local fighter' status, they are international professional athletes

There's nobody fighter bashing that I can see, and any of the fighters in question have long passed 'local fighter' status, they are international professional athletes

I didnt say anyone was fighter bashing. I was just pointing out it's obvious we take a different approach to discussing local fighters than international ones

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Yep. He's definitely trying too hard to be like Conor.

Even slugging from a bottle of Proper 12 in his post fight interview. Cringe worthy.

Effects wrote: »
    Even slugging from a bottle of Proper 12 in his post fight interview. Cringe worthy.

Does Conor even know this kid even exists?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Does Conor even know this kid even exists?

I imagine so, both being in SBG a while

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He's the president of SBG in Ireland if he had fallen out with Owen or Paddy they wouldn't be running gyms under the SBG banner.
    John likes the notoriety and been the figure head of Irish mma, the other lads don't.
    Owen is a high level coach he's too good to be teaching classes for John.

I've met John loads of times, he seems sound. He's used his ticket with Conor to his full advantage and I can't blame him, he's taken Irish mma and his coaching career higher than he could ever imagined on the back of it.

In the amateur scene unless your an SBG gym there does seem to be problems with John. Lots of gyms don't like the immaf rules mainly down to brain scans and refuse to fight on the shows they sanction.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I imagine so, both being in SBG a while

True, but his Discount Conor act reeks just as much of "Notice Me Conor" as it does using Conor's gimmick and hoping to duplicate his financial success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Great spat on twitter between fields and jk, Boylan just got involved things getting heated

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

but1er wrote: »
    Great spat on twitter between fields and jk, Boylan just got involved things getting heated

I saw Chris putting up stuff the last few days that seemed like digs at John.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Boylan is on the money.

#TeamCW

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

For those who don't know how to work twitter, I've just checked both accounts and there doesn't seem to be any back and forth bar JK asking Graham Boylan a question, what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

CatFromHue wrote: »
    For those who don't know how to work twitter, I've just checked both accounts and there doesn't seem to be any back and forth bar JK asking Graham Boylan a question, what happened?

https://mobile.twitter.com/CageWarriors/status/1144529823068545024

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Boylan's tweet seems to be deleted. From what I can see John is threatening legal action against Boylan for suggesting that he had something to do with getting event(s) shut down. John has some tweets about "libellous claims" etc. It's all getting a bit ugly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement