Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon SALE: Smart Home Offers Week

Options
  • 25-09-2018 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

A week full of offers for your Smart Home - Including Lighting, Sockets, Security, Thermostats, Entertainment and more.

Week long sale of smart home equipment.

This caught my eye...

Good deal ?

Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote Control and Hub Was £229 Deal Price:£89.00

Thanks to ablelocks for the heads up

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Was £79 earlier in the year, I picked one up but it was not compatible with my Sony TV so returned, okay sale price, never anywhere near £229

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

That is a brilliant price. I have the elite which is mainly just cosmetic difference and I love it. It comes with the hub. I have my Samsung TV, Playstation, old Satelite box (Via included IR blaster), Virgin Horizon box, Philips Hue bulbs.

I have all these devices working with Alexa which is paired with the hub.

Recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

That is a brilliant price. I have the elite which is mainly just cosmetic difference and I love it. It comes with the hub. I have my Samsung TV, Playstation, old Satelite box (Via included IR blaster), Virgin Horizon box, Philips Hue bulbs.

I have all these devices working with Alexa which is paired with the hub.

Recommended.

Is it easy to pair with the Horizon box? It doesn't mention WIFI in its description.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Del2005 wrote: »
    Is it easy to pair with the Horizon box? It doesn't mention WIFI in its description.

Yes the hub is wifi alright.

So I have a samsung TV

Alexa pause TV
    Alexa play TV
    Alexa mute TV
    Alexa unmute TV
    etc

However I want to turn on an off the smart plug I needed to call that Television as it for the amp, AV receiver etc

Don'y know how I can conbine both,

PS the rest of the items are not good deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mexicanking

Any one used one of these. I like the concept of light, intercom and built in storage. But has poor reviews. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Smart-360-Degree-Indoor-Camera/dp/B06XXDWCGZ/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Probably asked on the previous Bargain Alert thread for this remote, but does it work as well with Google Home as it does with Alexa?

Woo, post number 5000!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

blastman wrote: »
    Probably asked on the previous Bargain Alert thread for this remote, but does it work as well with Google Home as it does with Alexa?

Woo, post number 5000!

Yes, it works just as well with Google Home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

A little cheaper in Argos UK but would have to factor in PM or not if you're near the border

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Del2005 wrote: »

If it’s the same as the Harmony Companion with the Hub, then yes, it’s easy to pair. I have my Harmony Companion paired…….But, you won’t have all the same functionality as you have with the original remote. You get on/off, channel change, volume, directional buttons etc. (Which is all I need). Buttons like Info & Guide can’t be paired. You can get to this functionality buy navigating through the UI using directional buttons, but they can’t be mapped AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dodonovan

Any one used one of these. I like the concept of light, intercom and built in storage. But has poor reviews. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Smart-360-Degree-Indoor-Camera/dp/B06XXDWCGZ/

I haven't used one of these, but recently got a Ring Floodlight Cam which is quite similar. Not as aesthetically nice as the Bosch camera, but I'm very happy with the functionality so far, especially the floodlight which is surprisingly bright! Needs a good wifi and broadband connection though, with access-point or repeater placed as close as possible. Also, just noticed that its on a Daily Deal at £185 on Amazon today. I'm buying a 2nd one!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Floodlight-Cam-built-floodlights/dp/B074GBQ6QY/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1537993971

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Mr.S wrote: »
    Do these work over WiFi or infrared / bluetooth?

Yes yes and yes

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lardarse

tado° Smart Radiator Thermostat Starter Kit V3 now at £99.99 not too bad for 2 TVR and a bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Have to say the Harmony has come on leaps since I used it last with Alexa integration was flaky when I tried it last,works flawlessly now with the shield also.

Advertisement