Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-01-2018, 15:10   #1
Aaron15

The glade, old grange wood monstarevin

Hi, we've put down a booking deposit on the current phase being sold, waiting on contracts to come across and to sign, just wondering if anyone else on here has bought previously, or are buying there now, be interesting to hear what people think about the estate and area, thanks again
Advertisement
07-01-2018, 18:57   #2
Aaron15

Bump 😑
09-02-2018, 00:15   #3
Aaron15

Just bumping this post again as all the houses in the phase have now gone, so hoping someone on here has bought one, just to get some tips and hints and just generally how they're getting on with builders and stuff.
30-04-2018, 16:22   #4
judarvin

Hi @Aaron15, we also got one of the houses from this phase. The auctioneer gave us a completely unrealistic estimate last year but things are progressing since we are in contact with the builder. 
The only problem I had until now is the wall in the master bedroom. I don't understand why that step there, they told me they had to put extra insulation but I expect that you can level the wall after that. Is it the same in your house? How are you getting on after your post?
30-04-2018, 16:35   #5
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by judarvin View Post
Hi @Aaron15, we also got one of the houses from this phase. The auctioneer gave us a completely unrealistic estimate last year but things are progressing since we are in contact with the builder. 
The only problem I had until now is the wall in the master bedroom. I don't understand why that step there, they told me they had to put extra insulation but I expect that you can level the wall after that. Is it the same in your house? How are you getting on after your post?
Finally, someone who bought in the same phase .

We only picked out the flooring and kitchen two weeks ago, so we haven’t been in our house yet , what is the problem with the wall? Because I presume it will be a possible problem for me too.
Advertisement
30-04-2018, 16:45   #6
judarvin

It was failing to submit my message with url so sent you PM
Thanks from:
16-07-2018, 19:57   #7
nails91

The Glades, Oldgrange Wood

Hey, I've bought one of the houses also. Noticed the step there in the master bedroom, only comes out an inch or so, so wasn't too worried about it myself, however I did enquire about it and they said it was for insulation purposes.
I've found everything has gone seamlessly so far. Floors were done recently, kitchen went in on Friday, the roads and walls and gardens are coming along too.

Are you guys from Kildare? Im a Dub and the other half is Cavan.

Niall
16-07-2018, 20:12   #8
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nails91 View Post
Hey, I've bought one of the houses also. Noticed the step there in the master bedroom, only comes out an inch or so, so wasn't too worried about it myself, however I did enquire about it and they said it was for insulation purposes.
I've found everything has gone seamlessly so far. Floors were done recently, kitchen went in on Friday, the roads and walls and gardens are coming along too.

Are you guys from Kildare? Im a Dub and the other half is Cavan.

Niall
How’s it going, yeah we noticed that and we wore told the same, no we’re both dubs as well, happy to hear another dub is in at least lol, we’re been told 5-6 weeks now until move in time, you been told the same time frame?
16-07-2018, 21:51   #9
nails91

Yea we were told mid August? So fingers crossed. Brilliant, more dubs.

We were down a couple of times the last week or so.... place really taking shape!
Advertisement
16-07-2018, 22:10   #10
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nails91 View Post
Yea we were told mid August? So fingers crossed. Brilliant, more dubs.

We were down a couple of times the last week or so.... place really taking shape!
Yeah that’s what we wore told, hoping it’s sooner, can’t wait to get in. Yeah it’s looking like a grand little estate, how you finding dealing with everyone?
17-07-2018, 10:20   #11
judarvin

Our snag was done last month and they went through the list quickly. Only open item is to replace one of the doors in the kitchen, so no big deal. 
Now just waiting for the bank so we should be in soon, can't wait
17-07-2018, 10:36   #12
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by judarvin View Post
Our snag was done last month and they went through the list quickly. Only open item is to replace one of the doors in the kitchen, so no big deal. 
Now just waiting for the bank so we should be in soon, can't wait
We’re still waiting to get the snag done, sooner the better, can’t wait myself. I see some people are in already, and they’ve the new show house ready to go .
22-07-2018, 13:37   #13
MiMi1111

Hi We've just bought in the Glades house should be ready in December. Can I ask when yous put down your 10% deposit ??Also any first time buyers did they accept 5% deposit whilst you waited on the 5% first time buyers grant ?
22-07-2018, 14:03   #14
Aaron15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMi1111 View Post
Hi We've just bought in the Glades house should be ready in December. Can I ask when yous put down your 10% deposit ??Also any first time buyers did they accept 5% deposit whilst you waited on the 5% first time buyers grant ?

We put our deposit down 4-5 weeks after putting or booking deposit down, we paid out 10% all together so I can’t really answer that question, but if you explain the situation I’m sure they’ll understand, revenue are quick enough with the help to buy so you should be ok, have you bought in the new phase that’s just launched?
22-07-2018, 14:37   #15
MiMi1111

Thanks for that :-) yes we've bought in the new phase the houses are fab aren't they just hope everything goes smoothly from here on in :-)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion