Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-10-2015, 11:52   #61
Flatzie_poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox001 View Post
tvs for the living and sitting rooms
What an age we live in where multiple TVs are essentials!
Advertisement
06-10-2015, 11:53   #62
Greyian

Quote:
Well I am talking about essentials, cooker, fridge, dishwasher, furniture for living room and sitting room, tvs for the living and sitting rooms, bed for main bedroom, kitchen table etc.
A dishwasher is not an essential item. Neither is having multiple TVs, or multiple living/sitting rooms kitted out.
06-10-2015, 11:58   #63
nox001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyian View Post
A dishwasher is not an essential item. Neither is having multiple TVs, or multiple living/sitting rooms kitted out.
If you want to live in a house and not a semi building site then a certain level of furnishing is essential and I'd look on the above as an essential level. Personally i'd be inclined to completely furnish the entire house from the start if I'm building my own place down the line (not necessarily all from the mortgage).

I would say two tvs would be one of the most essential things in my house. A sport mad person and a person who hates sport living together...... one tv is a recipe for disaster !!
Thanks from:
06-10-2015, 12:01   #64
Greyian

Quote:
If you want to live in a house and not a semi building site then a certain level of furnishing is essential and I'd look on the above as an essential level. Personally i'd be inclined to completely furnish the entire house from the start if I'm building my own place down the line (not necessarily all from the mortgage).

I would say two tvs would be one of the most essential things in my house. A sport mad person and a person who hates sport living together...... one tv is a recipe for disaster !!
Plenty of properties don't have dishwashers at all. They are by no means essential.

As for needing to kit out living rooms and sitting rooms...plenty of properties don't even have separate rooms.

As for the TV issue being such a potential ticking bomb, I'd imagine there are far bigger issues than what's on TV if that could cause such an issue.
(2) thanks from:
06-10-2015, 12:04   #65
Ush1

If you're getting a specific couch from the likes of DFS you'll be waiting weeks anyway for it to get made up in China and shipped.
Advertisement
06-10-2015, 12:07   #66
nox001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyian View Post

As for the TV issue being such a potential ticking bomb, I'd imagine there are far bigger issues than what's on TV if that could cause such an issue.
You would be surprised! Its more an issue of fairness for both parties though as opposed to guaranteed arguments.

As I said why go out and build yourself the house you both want then skimp at the end.
06-10-2015, 12:27   #67
Black_Knight
I speak fluent sarcasm

Because a house is never finished, and buying everything all in 1 go at the start is a) expensive, and b) ruins the fun getting things bit by bit after you've figured out how you'll work in the house.
It's always nice to have a bit of a project on the go and it means some real thought has gone into how the room will be presented. A house is never finished, so no point rushing to the end.

Oh, and 2 TVs is not essential for move in day. #SnootyFirstWorldProblems
(4) thanks from:
06-10-2015, 17:06   #68
Sala

I currently don't even own 1 tv!! But I do want to keep some money back from our savings if we finally manage to buy somewhere - from renting I own very little. I'm hoping to buy a 3-4 bed house so I'm going to do the ikea thing- bed from ikea
For the first year, the it moves into the spare room when I get a new bed
Thanks from:
07-10-2015, 12:10   #69
Santy2015

We're okay for TVs anyway haha, I've 2 and herself has her iMac. The joys of being full time in work and spending all your money but then to realise you have to grow up and start saving.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-10-2015, 13:46   #70
Sala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy2015 View Post
We're okay for TVs anyway haha, I've 2 and herself has her iMac. The joys of being full time in work and spending all your money but then to realise you have to grow up and start saving.
Same situation although no tv- we have two desktop pcs, two laptops, two tablets and three smart phones. At least we can watch Netflix while lying in a sleeping bag on the floor :-)
Thanks from:
07-10-2015, 13:47   #71
Sala

Quote:
Same situation although no tv- we have two desktop pcs, two laptops, two tablets and three smart phones. At least we can watch Netflix while lying in a sleeping bag on the floor :-)
(2) thanks from:
07-10-2015, 14:00   #72
Sleepy

Quote:
Just be glad you're in a position to do it tbh. Once kids come along it becomes a hell of a lot harder!
Thanks from:
07-10-2015, 14:23   #73
Santy2015

Yeah but we'll hopefully be some way ready when that comes around. Get the house bought and we'll take it step by step then. It's easier to buy bits and pieces as we need them. More enjoyable and more thought put into what we do buy. Take always for a few won't kill nobody
07-10-2015, 14:29   #74
Penn

Getting ready to submit a mortgage application. I have an existing credit union car loan which I pay €170 monthly. Putting my credit union statement into the application, I noticed that it notes how much I'm supposed to be paying, €186 monthly. I could have f*cking sworn I was meant to be paying about €166 (which I why I rounded it up to €170).

I've gotten 2 payrises in the last few months so obviously showing I can pay the extra €16 per month isn't a problem, but how likely is this to trip me up or cause a delay?
Thanks from:
07-10-2015, 15:50   #75
Santy2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn
I've gotten 2 payrises in the last few months so obviously showing I can pay the extra €16 per month isn't a problem, but how likely is this to trip me up or cause a delay?
From what we were told at the meetings we've been at is to get rid of the loan but obviously that isn't possible in the short term. It knocked €10k off what we would be allowed borrow and that was a car loan of €170 a month too. As you got a pay rise I can't imagine you'll be hit much
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion