Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
05-11-2020, 22:07   #1
Mrs Freeze
Registered User
 
Mrs Freeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Shadow on lung

I'm not looking for medical advice rather other people's experiences or outcomes. I went for a routine chest xray on my heart which showed my heart is fine but showed a shadow on one of my lungs. I've a repeat xray in about 4 weeks. Part of me thinks it's nothing but pay of me thinks tha worst and that's running away with me at the minute.
Mrs Freeze is offline  
Advertisement
05-11-2020, 22:09   #2
SouthWesterly
Registered User
 
SouthWesterly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 2,000
Everyone's experience is going to be different. You should speak to your medical practitioner.
SouthWesterly is online now  
Thanks from:
05-11-2020, 22:13   #3
Updancing
Registered User
 
Updancing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Freeze View Post
I'm not looking for medical advice rather other people's experiences or outcomes. I went for a routine chest xray on my heart which showed my heart is fine but showed a shadow on one of my lungs. I've a repeat xray in about 4 weeks. Part of me thinks it's nothing but pay of me thinks tha worst and that's running away with me at the minute.
I'd the same things last year but it had disappeared in 2nd scan.
Updancing is offline  
(2) thanks from:
05-11-2020, 22:14   #4
Mrs Freeze
Registered User
 
Mrs Freeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthWesterly View Post
Everyone's experience is going to be different. You should speak to your medical practitioner.
Of course and I've spoken to my gp and have the follow up xray booked for 4 weeks time.
It's just this waiting and not knowing is hard. He's said it may or may not be something. I'm just wondering what other outcomes people have had. Is it often the case that a Shadow on the lung is "nothing".
Mrs Freeze is offline  
05-11-2020, 22:15   #5
Mrs Freeze
Registered User
 
Mrs Freeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Updancing View Post
I'd the same things last year but it had disappeared in 2nd scan.
Thank you. I feel like I'm cracking up at times. Telling myself it's more than likely nothing but then sick with worry that it could be something.
Mrs Freeze is offline  
Advertisement
07-11-2020, 01:00   #6
Capt'n Midnight
00:00
 
Capt'n Midnight's Avatar
From the charter

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2055702312
Quote:
First and foremost.......

THIS IS NOT A MEDICAL ADVICE BOARD.

No medical advice will be given here, so please don't ask for any.
If you want medical advice go to your GP.

If you have a medical condition and/or are worried about any symptoms you have or therapy you receive, please go to your GP and do not post them here as they cannot be addressed on this forum.
Hopefully it's nothing.

The Long Term Illness forum may have some useful information on coping. And I see you've a thread there.


THREAD CLOSED
Capt'n Midnight is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet