Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physio in south Dublin/city centre

Options
  • 25-08-2013 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone know of a good physio who has an idea about kayaking?

I've found my physio great with other injuries but after a recent rotator cuff tear and subluxation she seems intent on just healing the injury and advising me not to kayak again. :(

I've found that she doesn't have the greatest knowledge of kayaking so feel that maybe if I have a kayaking related physio check it out my prognosis may be slightly better...any good physios out there? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Aiden Woods. Pearse St. physio clinic.

Team physio at Beijing and London for the Irish kayakers and rowers.

Magic hands! Got me back performing at a high level after a posterior labral tear which required 2 operations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sherro101

leftism wrote: »
    Aiden Woods. Pearse St. physio clinic.

Team physio at Beijing and London for the Irish kayakers and rowers.

Magic hands! Got me back performing at a high level after a posterior labral tear which required 2 operations.

Thanks! Have an appointment booked with him for Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Sherro101 wrote: »
    Thanks! Have an appointment booked with him for Wednesday

Let us know how you get on :)

yomchi wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on :)

Just back now, three months of rehab and flat water training and then back to the white stuff!

Just back now, three months of rehab and flat water training and then back to the white stuff!

I also ballsed up my rotator cuff rolling like a loon. Took about the same amount of time but I'm glad to say it gives me no trouble now, good luck with it :)

• Advertisement

yomchi wrote: »
    I also ballsed up my rotator cuff rolling like a loon. Took about the same amount of time but I'm glad to say it gives me no trouble now, good luck with it :)

Thanks!
    Turns out that it isn't actually the rotator cuff that was giving me the trouble, that's seemed to have healed grand (about time too, after five months of being looked after!) It was the torn ligament across the AC joint that my doctor had somehow brushed over first time around that's causing the main trouble! Hopefully it'll be sorted out over the next few months.

For anyone who's looking for a physio, Aidan is the man to go to! After only one session with him, and another with one of his colleagues, I actually feel like I can get somewhere with it!

Thanks!
    Turns out that it isn't actually the rotator cuff that was giving me the trouble, that's seemed to have healed grand (about time too, after five months of being looked after!) It was the torn ligament across the AC joint that my doctor had somehow brushed over first time around that's causing the main trouble! Hopefully it'll be sorted out over the next few months.

For anyone who's looking for a physio, Aidan is the man to go to! After only one session with him, and another with one of his colleagues, I actually feel like I can get somewhere with it!

That's the problem with doctors!

Advertisement