Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warmer weather on way?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    That is an upgrade not a downgrade.

aye for them losers, they get everything.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

lovely, will be looking forward to it
    it will be nice to go out in the morning and not be freeing a la last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

owenc wrote: »

Which southeast???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Whether temperatures are upgraded or downgraded it's looks like we're certainly in for some nice weather anyway:D

WRF temp predictions for thursday
    114114.png

i see my previous post was deleted:eek: :D

Anyway, back on topic, it'll be good to finally be able to turn off the heat this week.

;)

its downgraded so only one day of 20c + and the south east gets 25c days like 5 times next week!!

Lighten up owen:) 20C is lovely, great in fact! You can't expect do be warmer than the south-east always anyway (if ever:p)

EDIT
    Which southeast???
    I presume he means south-east england, i certainly don't see south-eastern ireland getting near 25C this week..

• Advertisement

trogdor wrote: »
    Lighten up owen:) 20C is lovely, great in fact! You can't expect do be warmer than the south-east always anyway (if ever:p)

EDIT

I presume he means south-east england, i certainly don't see south-eastern ireland getting near 25C this week..

yep south east england. The countryfile forecast looked good with me getting 20c most days which is great, going by gfs was expecting one day of 20c and 15c after!:eek:

yep south east england. The countryfile forecast looked good with me getting 20c most days which is great, going by gfs was expecting one day of 20c and 15c after!:eek:

I always get confused when you say south east . . .:)

Yeah, 25C not likely anywhere this week . . .

ah cant compare with that part of these islands its so close to the continent and far from large open sea its more continental than maritime at times.
    Compare with the Orkneys to cheer yourself up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Don't worry about it Owen. Personally I would find the climate of the SE of England boring. It is boring here too but less so. They might get a bit hotter alright in the summer but they can't do big weather like here in Ireland.

I know where I'd rather be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

I always get confused when you say south east . . .:)

Yeah, 25C not likely anywhere this week . . .

Cud hit 25c in Spain maybe!

• Advertisement

pauldry wrote: »
    Cud hit 25c in Spain maybe!

Some people are so funny . . .:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I'd like some warm and wet weather together, so I guess some thunderstorms to get the grass growing faster.

Thunderstorms = free nitrogen too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Min wrote: »
    I'd like some warm and wet weather together, so I guess some thunderstorms to get the grass growing faster.

+1

My new beech hedge cud do with a right good zap alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

alibabba wrote: »
    +1

My new beech hedge cud do with a right good zap alright
    Is this what you want?
    2300-8501%7ELightning-Posters.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Don't worry about it Owen. Personally I would find the climate of the SE of England boring. It is boring here too but less so. They might get a bit hotter alright in the summer but they can't do big weather like here in Ireland.

I know where I'd rather be ;)

i would have thought the south east of england is good for thunderstorms from the continent or is that more so Wales and Cornwall?

Min wrote: »

my grass is growing fast enough. cutting the lawn once a week is more than enough for me:o

haha looks like i'll be getting my 25c from thursday onwards!!! 24c on friday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

I hope yur right owenc but a more modest 22c is about the peak id expect by the weekend.

If I wer a bookie and Im not Id say for anywhere in Ireland

20c - 4/9 on
    21c - evs
    22c - 6/4
    23c - 3/1
    24c - 7/1
    25c - 16/1

At the risk of losing lots of bets Im not a bookie but a weather enthusiast

pauldry wrote: »
    I hope yur right owenc but a more modest 22c is about the peak id expect by the weekend.

If I wer a bookie and Im not Id say for anywhere in Ireland

20c - 4/9 on
    21c - evs
    22c - 6/4
    23c - 3/1
    24c - 7/1
    25c - 16/1

At the risk of losing lots of bets Im not a bookie but a weather enthusiast

well the charts show them temperatures and if anything they are always a little higher. we shall see what next chart brings. So far its great and friday is warmer then the last gfs lets see how saturday can turn out!! please!!!

Lastest chart from WRF for Thursdays max temps:)
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/72766/114198.png
    limklad wrote: »
    Is this what you want?
    2300-8501%7ELightning-Posters.jpg

I have that poster poster up on my wall, tis huge:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

i would have thought the south east of england is good for thunderstorms from the continent or is that more so Wales and Cornwall?

Anglia is the place for thunderstorms.

Yes, you are right. I am just speaking in general really. Big thunderstorms would be a feature of that area of UK alright in the summer but other times of the year they wouldn't really get much notable weather.

Even their much fabled October 1987 storm, often called the UK's biggest storm of the late 20th century, is nothing we don't get here once or twice in an average winter. I think we a relatively lucky here in Ireland as we have a much more dramatic climate, and while we don't get thunderstorms as frequently as they do in the SE UK, I am certain the ferocity of ours can rival, if not surpass theirs when the conditions are right :)

Yes, you are right. I am just speaking in general really. Big thunderstorms would be a feature of that area of UK alright in the summer but other times of the year they wouldn't really get much notable weather.

Even their much fabled October 1987 storm, often called the UK's biggest storm of the late 20th century, is nothing we don't get here once or twice in an average winter. I think we a relatively lucky here in Ireland as we have a much more dramatic climate, and while we don't get thunderstorms as frequently as they do in the SE UK, I am certain the ferocity of ours can rival, if not surpass theirs when the conditions are right :)

yes they don't tend to get the wind storms we do. though if a proper easterly comes about in the winter they do usually do better than in terms of snowfall than we do. they definitely record far warmer temperatures than us too in summer and they usually have more intense thunderstorms than we do(though i guess that what makes events like the 1985 thunderstorms so memorable for us)
    so their weather, while not quite as dramatic as ours can be, is definitely not pedestrian.

i'm getting backhanders to promote the south east of England;)

yes they don't tend to get the wind storms we do. though if a proper easterly comes about in the winter they do usually do better than in terms of snowfall than we do.

And this is what it boils down to. Nacho the snow whore! :D:D. Is our wet, sloppy yellow brown crappy snow not good enough for you? :D:D

And this is what it boils down to. Nacho the snow whore! :D:D. Is our wet, sloppy yellow brown crappy snow not good enough for you? :D:D

no it damn well is not!!:D - the same as half- measure electrical storms are not good enough for you ;)

if only Katla would erupt... :p

no it damn well is not!!:D - the same as half- measure electrical storms are not good enough for you ;)

Touche :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

if only Katla would erupt... :p

Lads. Just move to Dublin. Experience some real weather.

Things looking toasty on saturday, up to 23C in the North-West on the WRF 00z
    114263.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

look's like a lot of cloud cover is going to spoil a lot of this warm weather but!?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Warm weather on the way indeed !

I can confirm, factually.
    While I was footing turf in my local bog last nite, it was observed that the frogs had a significantly paler color than normal.
    And my father-in-law tells me, if the frog in the bog is dark, sign of dark weather. And if the frog is paler, sign of clear weather.

So he tells me, lol

Advertisement