Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT38 submitted by solicitor. Should it show up on Ros

Options
  • 16-11-2019 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭

I recently inherited some property. Solicitor did stamp duty and CAT return on my behalf.
    I have received notification re LPT on the inherited property to my inbox on Ros.
    Can I see details of the stamp duty return and the IT38 via my Ros account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭ismat

No. Unless you file it you can’t see it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

mickdw wrote: »
    I recently inherited some property. Solicitor did stamp duty and CAT return on my behalf.
    I have received notification re LPT on the inherited property to my inbox on Ros.
    Can I see details of the stamp duty return and the IT38 via my Ros account?
    Its a bit late now but this self assessment and should really be done by you.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭ismat

Why would you not have a solicitor or accountant do it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

ismat wrote: »
    Why would you not have a solicitor or accountant do it ?
    1: you are still liable if it's wrong, so unacceptable that OP can't see it.
    2: the unnecessary fees, generally about 2.5k or a % of the assets in question

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I got a copy from solicitor so no concerns re it being wrong.
    I just thought it might be visible there on my own Ros account.
    I do my own self assessment return re my business but I think it's a bit much to say all self assessment returns should be completed by the person themselves. I'd say 95 percent use accountants.
    In relation to fees, maybe I got a bargain but the solicitor fee was very reasonable and I expected to have to do the tax return after but they said they include that within the fee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement