Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car stereo

Options
  • 05-04-2020 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭

I replaced an original car stereo in my own car with one i bought online, as the one i bought had an aux port etc

i want to give the original car stereo to a family member so they can replace their stereo, as it is broke.

do i need a code for my old stereo? and if i can get this code what are my options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What car is it and what is the relative car its going into?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭pgj2015

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What car is it and what is the relative car its going into?

it came out of a 2011 peugeot partner and it will be going into a 2002 opel corsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it’s the original Peugeot radio then I can’t see it working. Isn’t there a separate display above the radio on the Partner?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭pgj2015

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If it’s the original Peugeot radio then I can’t see it working. Isn’t there a separate display above the radio on the Partner?

yes. might be better off buying a new one for the corsa.

what if i sold the peugeot stereo, would i need to get a code for it somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

pgj2015 wrote: »
    yes. might be better off buying a new one for the corsa.

what if i sold the peugeot stereo, would i need to get a code for it somewhere?

you'd get 20 quid for it, stick it in the garage and put it back in the van when you sell it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement