Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multimac car seat system

• 05-04-2020 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

We are considering on getting a multimac 1260 system which allows 4 childrens seats in the back seat of a normal car.

Does anyone here have one? If so did you fit it yourself of get an installer to fit? Would you reccomend the system?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Mooretaxi

They're a good idea but check with your insurance company first, it might be classed as a modification as cars are usually classed as 5 seater, ie driver & 4 passengers

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Dats_rite

Mooretaxi wrote: »
    They're a good idea but check with your insurance company first, it might be classed as a modification as cars are usually classed as 5 seater, ie driver & 4 passengers

I rang my insurer. They hadn't heard of the system but they said it would not affect my policy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,547 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You would be carrying more people that the stated seat capacity on your vehicle registration certificate, which is not legal. If you want to remove the passenger seat, go ahead...

Similarly the 3 seat Multimac is not legal in the back of a registered 4 seater (some smaller hatchbacks would be registered as 4 but physically capable of taking it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kirving

Surely that's easily changed?

I've heard of dealers adding OEM seats to an E-Class Estate, which can otherwise be factory specced as a 7 seater. Cost a few grand, but worth it in the right circumstances.

Is it a case of going to the VRT office and showing them the car (with documentation for the seat) or would another engineers report also be required?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Isthisthingon?

We got the three seater a few years ago, also got the baby seat adaptor. I got a guy to install it but if you had the time and were anyway decent with a spanner and wrench you could install it yourself. you basically bolt it on to the extisting seat belt fixtures under the seat. The youtube videos are easy to follow.

Very handy system - kids never complain when sitting in them. The only caveat it that only kids ( or very small people!) can sit in them and removing the bench is not something you can do quickly or easily. We got it because no matter where we looked and what combinations we tried , we couldnt find 3 seats to fit properly on the back seat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement