Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon prime information

Options
  • 27-01-2020 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I've concerns about how Amazon prime retrieve info. I used it once to get a fast delivery on a part I was in a panic for, ended up with the membership ship, paid the 7.99 a few months as I forgot to unsubscribe. But the card I was using to set up expired last month, and they started notifying me to update, but I thought if I just left it they couldn't take any more payments. But they did. Then today I got an automated phone call to my parents landline saying to update card info. How did they get this contact number? Never been affiliated with my account. I know this was all my fault for not unsubscribing (which I'm now just after doing) was really down to kicking the can down the road, but how they get this info shocks me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

From Amazon FAQ "Amazon participates in account update services offered by some banks to help keep your cards up-to-date in our system" I know my US bank does this automatically, unsure about Irish banks?
    In relation to the the telephone number, did Amazon contact you or did the bank contact you?

Have you contacted Amazon CS and asked them where they got the phone number? I imagine there is a simple explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

There is a scam where a fake auto mated system is pretending to be amazon, could it be that?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

This is a scam. I got a that automated call early in morning and pressed 1 to cancel prime. Got put through to an Indian woman who asked me to download team viewer quick support on my phone. I said no and hung up. Got the call also on my house phone which I never gave Amazon. Looked it up online and this scam has been going on quite a while. If you want to cancel prime you can do in on your Amazon account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I got that call this morning, and I hung up immediately

Advertisement