Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crikey we have an AFL forum. Say hello and who you support

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Hey Joe,

There is a few on here that play Supercoach, there is usually a league. I'm not one of them unfortunately. I usually have my hands full keeping up with Dreamteam. This place usually goes into hibernation during the off season, it should start picking up soon though.

How do ya reckon Carlton going to fair this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 huddler

Mackman wrote: »
    Hey Joe,

There is a few on here that play Supercoach, there is usually a league. I'm not one of them unfortunately. I usually have my hands full keeping up with Dreamteam. This place usually goes into hibernation during the off season, it should start picking up soon though.

How do ya reckon Carlton going to fair this year?

Thanks mate. Hopefully theres some interest. I'll be happy to join any Boards.ie league as well.

Aw, its hard to get too optimistic about Carlton. I think that if we can hit the season with full pre-seasons into our top 10 players (Walker excluded) we should improve. I also think our tall forward stocks will cause some problems for sides this year. Also think Menzel and Docherty could breakout. Would like to see us get games into Cripps, Boekhorst, Clem Smith, Sheehan, Jaksch, Whiley, Graham and Byrne too.

We're not going to win it. Finals would be a good year. 9th/10th more likely. Anything south of that and Mick will be fielding serious questions about his future. I hope not, i'd like to see him given a new contract. Concerned that we lack a bit of mongrel, and a Ballantyne-esque defensive small forward. Aside from that, quite content! Cant wait for it to start. :o)

Everyone would love a bit of Ballantyne, but he's ours!! :D

Would be great to see Menzel out there alright after what he's been though, similarly would love to see Morabito get a good run this year for the Dockers.

Everyone would love a bit of Ballantyne, but he's ours!! :D

Would be great to see Menzel out there alright after what he's been though, similarly would love to see Morabito get a good run this year for the Dockers.

Ah, just read through the thread. Youre a Freo man? I really enjoy watching Freo. Some outstanding players. Ballantyne and Walters both amazing smalls. Just love how Ballantyne goes about it. Hurt watching his Grand Final. Yeah, would be great to see Morabito put his knee troubles behind him. The Menzel i referred to is Troy though, not Daniel whos had multiple reco's at Geelong. Troy had a reco as a junior too but has been fine so far in the AFL (touch wood).

Anyway, Freo should hopefully be in the mix again this year. Would love you boys to bag one. Brought a lot to the competition and deserve it. Good luck in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Welcome Huddler, good to have another body on board (even if it is a Blue...)

I'll get involved in the SC league once I have two minutes to take a look at it.

• Advertisement

huddler wrote: »
    Ah, just read through the thread. Youre a Freo man? I really enjoy watching Freo. Some outstanding players. Ballantyne and Walters both amazing smalls. Just love how Ballantyne goes about it. Hurt watching his Grand Final. Yeah, would be great to see Morabito put his knee troubles behind him. The Menzel i referred to is Troy though, not Daniel whos had multiple reco's at Geelong. Troy had a reco as a junior too but has been fine so far in the AFL (touch wood).

Anyway, Freo should hopefully be in the mix again this year. Would love you boys to bag one. Brought a lot to the competition and deserve it. Good luck in 2015.

Oops, I couldn't remember which Menzel it was with the unjury. I thought it was the Carlton guy.

Going to be hard for Freo this year I think. Pav and McPharlin are 33, Sandilands is 32. Although I heard McPharlin set a personal best at the 3km time trial last week, so if he can stay fit all year, we are in with a chance. I will be delighted if we can make another Prelim.

I think what Freo really missed last season that they had in '13 was the frenzied forward pressure of Walters, Ballantyne and Mayne. I think Pav, Sandi and McPharlin can stand up for another year or two. I reckon theyre still in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Loopylaa

New to this site, live in northern Ireland and love the blues! Live for afl

Loopylaa wrote: »
    New to this site, live in northern Ireland and love the blues! Live for afl

Welcome mate, good to have you on board.

Two new Carlton fans in the space of a couple of weeks...it'll make it fun around here when we flog them again this year :D

SSK wrote: »
    Welcome mate, good to have you on board.

Two new Carlton fans in the space of a couple of weeks...it'll make it fun around here when we flog them again this year :D

It's an epidemic! :)

Welcome Loopylaa

• Advertisement

I realise I might be site banned for this but, I just noticed in the charter it says:

'Every poster must recognise the supreme talent that is Ben Cousins.'

I move that it be changed to this:

'Every poster must recognise the supreme talent that is Nathan Fyfe.'

The charter is 11 years old, and apparently written by a Weagles supporter, time for a change :)

I realise I might be site banned for this but, I just noticed in the charter it says:

'Every poster must recognise the supreme talent that is Ben Cousins.'

I move that it be changed to this:

'Every poster must recognise the supreme talent that is Nathan Fyfe.'

The charter is 11 years old, and apparently written by a Weagles supporter, time for a change :)

Mod's decision is final. Pendlebury it is.

Unless Bruschi wants to lobby for Matt "Brownlow Medalist" Priddis ;)

Ah now, let's not go making a mockery of the charter :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Mod's decision is final. Pendlebury it is.

no, Matt Priddis? :o

Now if you said Beau Waters, there is a man who wont take any ****. Shame he had to retire. 28 is far too young to be forced to retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I was in Hobart a few weeks ago and bumped into Luke Hodge and Isaac Smith! It was a day or two after their game with Collingwood. Got a photo with them to send to my hawks friends :)

Advertisement