Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

QFA's

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭the goon

wallym wrote: »
    Having completed two of the QFA modules I highly recommend knowing the example papers and the on-line test they provide as some of these will come up! This was the first training I've done in a while and I must say the resources that support the training are excellent.

Hi just wondering if there are any course providers, ie one evenig a week or day at weekend? I did courses for all my ACCA modules and found it so much easier having someone distil the vast amount of info for you.

Also, how do people generally find it doing it on its own? I would be thinking of doing two modules iniatially.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 QFA_2017

Hi, just wondering does anyone know if there was a thread on notes? Trying to find some good short hand notes from someone has sat them before for all of the QFA's

You can do 2 mondules no problem, I am sitting all 6 in May.
    e learning is really handy, and I would suggest notes for each chapter and remove all the repeative info.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 QFA_2017

Hi, just wondering does anyone know if there was a thread on notes? Trying to find some good short hand notes from someone has sat them before for all of the QFA's

You can do 2 mondules no problem, I am sitting all 6 in May.
    e learning is really handy, and I would suggest notes for each chapter and remove all the repeative info.

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hi there,

I was just wondering would these exams be useful for getting insights into the best ways to invest & manage your money or should these exams just be used to pursue a career in the area?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 m.scanlon

Hi
    Would like to know if anybody there sat the QFA Pension exam recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lollyanjj

m.scanlon wrote: »
    Hi
    Would like to know if anybody there sat the QFA Pension exam recently?

Im currently studying for the January exam too. My brother completed Pensions in September and he said it was grand. Basically just learn the first four chapters and your guareenteed to hit the pass mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4 m.scanlon

Hi
    I sat the pension exam in september too and studied all the chapters, only got 36% was gutted as I really thought I had passed it as it was a great paper and I left the exam feeling very confident with it, when I question to get the paper recheck and paid my 40 euro for it I was told that that every student who sat the exam got extra marks for 3 questions which were asked unfairly which made me feel more gutted than before. I really think that they took the extra marks off my results instead of adding them on. I knew I marked (E) for 35 of the questions and they said I had (E) for 32 of them. I am very disheartened and disillusioned with LIA and the qfa after this.

Just wondering is there anybody out there who felt the definitely passed their exam and didnt get the result they were hoping on getting. Don't think I will continue with this course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SuperSaintsIan

Hi Everyone,

I am looking into doing my QFA's just a couple of questions if anybody has any info it would be a great help

1) Whats the difference between doing them with BOI or LIA ?
    2) Is it easy to revise for these exams also are these exams usually on Saturdays?
    3) With my current job I can be in the office till all hours so are all the lectures on demand ect?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Hi Everyone,

I am looking into doing my QFA's just a couple of questions if anybody has any info it would be a great help

1) Whats the difference between doing them with BOI or LIA ?
    2) Is it easy to revise for these exams also are these exams usually on Saturdays?
    3) With my current job I can be in the office till all hours so are all the lectures on demand ect?

Having been with both, I highly recommend LIA over IOB. Found them much easier to deal with.

All exams are on a saturday! You can do self study through the provided study books. Which is what I did. And I have a QFA and the APA in General Insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 William Frederick Burton

LIA & IOB use the same manual and both have online webinars which can be accessed on demand. I completed my QFA exams through LIA but friends of mine used IOB and had no issues.

LIA hold their exams on Saturdays. The exams are very do-able the only one that requires extra effort in my experience is Pensions.

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 manofachill

Has anyone done the registered certificate in stockbroking? I'm not able to sign up the course at the moment but was hoping to study for it during the coronavirus. Does anyone know if there is a way I can get access to the manuals or old exam papers somehow??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Padraig H

Hi would anyone have sample question papers for LIA QFA Regulations and Pensions.

want to get some practice in. I find them very helpful when studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Animating

Heya Padraig, im also looking for sample questionnairs for Regulations so will let you know if i find anything anyway.

Advertisement