Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Forbes 1445 Shaving Cream

Options
  • 12-02-2019 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭

Been DE shaving for probably 3 years now. Tried everything from Cella, Proraso, TOBS, DR Harris, Geo F Trumper and a few others. Thought that Castle Forbes looked expensive and could not be worth the price surely.

Bought a tub of the 1445 cream for the hell of it from shaving.ie

Wow! The scent is fantastic and really natural. But the lather is magnificent! Best lather I've ever used anyway. Small quantity generated a lot of very cushioning yet slick lather. I barely felt the blade at all. Extremely cushioning. My face actually feels moisturiser after the shave too.

Funny thing is that I only used a very small amount. It might not be that expensive in the long run.

Might have to buy some 1445 AS now tho.....scent is fantastic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I've rarely heard a bad word said about Castle Forbes creams. 1445 sounds like an interesting scent - if you're enjoying it I would say definitely pair it up with the AS.

The Lime version has been on my list to try for ages now but who knows when I'll get around to using it. I'm sporting a full beard most of the time these days so only shave my neck maybe twice a week. Not sure I'll need to buy and shaving soap or cream for the next decade at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I'm not sure what the scent is.....countryside? Fern? Grass? Cool? Lime or lemon? Not sure but very nice and it's a natural type of scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Must give it a lash so, fair play.

Great to get something that fits your skin lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

sorry to resurrect the thread but out of interest how do ye later this? More specifically how do ye load the brush? A few swirls of a damp brush into the tub or do you remove a small amount into a bowl and lather?
    I did the first approach and I just wonder am I being wasteful it or does wetting the rest of the soap prematurely age or degrade the soap?

Bit of a specific question I know but sure I've got time on my hands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Whatever works for you is the correct way to lather it.

Don't worry about degrading the soap. It should have next to no effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I take a little and put it into the wet brush. I do a bit of a palm lather just to get it going and then face lather.

Advertisement