Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs in biological and chemical sciences?

Options
  • 05-01-2020 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

so i wanna study biological and chemical sciences next year and i’ll probably go down the biology route. people have been saying to me that is difficult to find jobs in the biology side of things and that they don’t think i’ll get a job?? is this true?

i’m getting stressed over this as there is rly no other course i wanna do in college

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

It's very difficult to predict what job prospects will be like in 4 years time when you graduate.

Choose the course you want to pursue the most. If you have your heart set on Biological and Chemical Science then do it.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

It doesnt matter when you go to college it only matters when you come out. If you come out in a full blown recession like the last one. You have to start on a lower step, you may start on the lower salary because of employers market and increased competition. Remember the newly graduates in 2008-2011 were trying to get experience on Jobsbridge? That was evil and opportunistic by employers and the government. Imagine working 4 years and being told to work for your dole?

Dont worry about Biology (that includes most STEM courses), There will always be demand for Biology students for the pharmaceutical industry. Just focus on getting to the best institution you can, the rest will work itself out.

Advertisement