Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ebooks?

• 21-12-2019 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I just looked and thought there would be lots of threads for ebooks etc here but can't find a recent one.

The Mrs had one in the summer and she is always on it.

Is she the only one or are Kindle uses like Trump and Brexit supporters?......you all do it in secret.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Ebooks are a great idea if you do a lot of travelling and/or don't like carrying around books. They save on space too!

For me though, you can't beat an actual book in your hands. I keep saying I must get a kindle but still haven't got one yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I've a kindle paperwhite and kindle fire. The fire is great for reading magazines etc . Join your local library and get access to the rbdigital site for 000s of free magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 aslanroars

I use kindle app on my phone.ive dozens of books on it .it's handy when traveling since you always have phone on you.but I can't get use to reading magazines on it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

I have a kindle and I love it. Very easy on the eyes.

I'm also a fan of getting stuff fo free so I borrow paper books from the library too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

I love the Mrs's Kindle. She will never throw that at me like she did her books:)

• Advertisement

The Mrs just read this on her Kindle set in Ireland. Says it was very good. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B082SXDJHM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_d_asin_title_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ireland a place of evil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

You don't need a Kindle for ebooks btw. If you're a member of your local library, there's an app called BorrowBox where you can borrow ten books (five ebooks, five audiobooks) at a time for free. Great selection too.

It's a great app to even try them to see how you feel about them. I read a lot of books on BorrowBox and then buy the physical copy of some of my favourites. It's nice to have them there if you want to re-read.

You don't need a Kindle for ebooks btw. If you're a member of your local library, there's an app called BorrowBox where you can borrow ten books (five ebooks, five audiobooks) at a time for free. Great selection too.

It's a great app to even try them to see how you feel about them. I read a lot of books on BorrowBox and then buy the physical copy of some of my favourites. It's nice to have them there if you want to re-read.

Interesting about the audiobooks I like listening but she spent a wad on her kindle last summer. Wish I had known this.

Advertisement