Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running Buggy Time..

• 11-08-2020 8:09am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So first new arrival is due in November and although its a bit out yet and I know you can't use them for running until the child is 6 months/support their own neck I wanted to do research into a suitable buggy to run with as we've already acquired the day to day buggy.

Intended use would be 3-10mile runs on quiet country roads that wouldn't be perfectly smoth tarmac (obviously depending on if the child will stay that long in it).

Also would like to do some off road stuff such as walking in the local wood, it has a track but its not great (some gravel/mainly mud).

I know lockable or fixed front wheel is a must and so far I've been tempted towards the Out and about Little Nipper, it seems to fit the requirments but curious of people's own experiences?

The Thule Glide 2 also seems to fit the bill and it seems to also have bigger wheels but of course more expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sav1

I use the Nipper double for running and find it great. Not the sport version with the bigger wheels.
    I would highly recommend it! It pushes really well and is good over rough ground for easier walks/adventures.
    It is possible to get an infant insert for babys so they can lie flat and be secured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

Nipper Sport (single) for me. And I love it. light and bounces over imperfections in the surface no problem, baby didnt care and now she's a toddler she enjoys them!

"Sport" is the one with the big wheels! The sport is pretty long, and with the fixed wheel is not much of a day to day buggy, doesn't handle tight spaces well.

I started looking early as well because I wanted to get it 2nd hand and they don't come up that often on donedeal/adverts.

Buggy running is amazing, especially if you are on your first.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Dev1234

I picked up a Phil and Ted's Sport buggy second hand for the exact same use as yourself OP.

I've used it up to ten miles while the little fella gets his nap - win win for him and me and gives the OH a bit of space.

Also use it on forest walks and took it to Porto last year where it was excellent on the cobble streets.

We've both said it's the best piece of baby kit we've bought and we probably use it more than the "nice" day to day buggy.

I think I paid €170 for it and it came with the baby carrier, the rain cover, the sun cover and the second seat which will come in handy when Junior no. 2 makes an appearance in the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Don't get the Little Nipper, it's basically a stroller. Not runnable really.

My kids are 4 and 2 now, I've had the Out n About Nipper single and double and a BOB Ironman single and SUS double. My 4 year old is the size of a 6 year old and still just about fits in the BOB double but prefers to cycle or go on his scooter these days.

On rougher roads I would definitely want the bigger wheels tbh - 16" on the back and either fixed 16" or lockable 12" on the front. It's worth considering the Thule Urban Glide, Baby Jogger Summit or BOB Revolution if you're looking to just get one buggy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Don't get the Little Nipper, it's basically a stroller. Not runnable really......
    On rougher roads I would definitely want the bigger wheels tbh - 16" on the back and either fixed 16" or lockable 12" on the front. It's worth considering the Thule Urban Glide, Baby Jogger Summit or BOB Revolution if you're looking to just get one buggy.

After further research my choice with the out and about nipper (the one with the swival wheel that can be locked/unlocked) isn't fitting what I want.

But doesn't the nipper sport fit what you've mentioned above?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LW3ESI4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

Cabaal wrote: »
    After further research my choice with the out and about nipper (the one with the swival wheel that can be locked/unlocked) isn't fitting what I want.

But doesn't the nipper sport fit what you've mentioned above?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LW3ESI4

Yes. The Nipper Sport does have 16" wheels.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Picked up the Nipper Sport in the end, decided to get it early as seems to be low stock on numerous sites so didn't want to be stuck. Got the newborn support with the aim of using it for walking to begin with since I can't use it for running for the first few months.

Gota say its lighter then the normal buggy we got, didn't expect that.

Advertisement