Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex Signet 100 PSTN and SMS

Options
  • 01-05-2011 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Am I correct in thinking that the Signet 100 will Sms a user when and alarm is activated (depending on settings) using PSTN modem but a user can't control the system using Sms commands unless a GMS Modem is installed?. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

aka_alex wrote: »
    Am I correct in thinking that the Signet 100 will Sms a user when and alarm is activated (depending on settings) using PSTN modem but a user can't control the system using Sms commands unless a GMS Modem is installed?. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Thats correct, it needs the service provider to be Eircom or Vodafone to allow this. To have remote access plus monitor the alarm by text you will need the GSM installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aka_alex

Many thanks Altor, I wasn't sure if that is the way it worked but you have confirmed it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

aka_alex wrote: »
    Many thanks Altor, I wasn't sure if that is the way it worked but you have confirmed it for me.

Your welcome aka_alex,

Any other questions let us know.

Advertisement