Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals & Voucher Codes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

£149.99 for anyone interested.

edit: and gone, lasted all of 2 minutes before they were all gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,534 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

BullBauld wrote: »
    Krusty

What are the main differences between the 305 & 410? Have a 410 lined up as xmas present. Should I stick with it?

I'm not being lazy, I would check myself but most sites are blocked here in work, including Garmin site.

Thanks
    Bull
    Probably better asking this on the Garmin thread, but the chief differences are:
    305 is: much bigger, slightly older technology (takes longer to acquire satellites), supports multi-sport activities, has all hard buttons, four data fields per screen. Supports bread-crumb trails.

410 is: Newer, uses hard buttons and a bezel, significantly smaller, three data fields per screen.

Both have approximately the same battery life. Both support advanced workouts. Neither is water-proof (the 310 is though).
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    £149.99 for anyone interested.

edit: and gone, lasted all of 2 minutes before they were all gone.
    That was good value for money. Did you get one?

Nah, my 305 is still working away, trying to cut back on the want, but don't really need, spending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

Nah, my 305 is still working away, trying to cut back on the want, but don't really need, spending.

Upgraded to 610 from 305. Regret it in highinsight. The only benefit is it's smaller and vibrates for alerts. It is not much quicker picking up the sat tbh.

rom wrote: »
    Upgraded to 610 from 305. Regret it in highinsight. The only benefit is it's smaller and vibrates for alerts. It is not much quicker picking up the sat tbh.
    I'll give you €60 for it.

• Advertisement

I'll give you €60 for it.
    Sure keep your money and I'll swap you for your 910xt

Sure keep your money and I'll swap you for your 910xt
    The difference is, I like my 910xt! With €60 you could buy yourself another Motorolla MOTOACTV GPS thingy-mabob!

For anyone who is interested, Amazon.co.uk's black Friday sales will include the Garmin Forerunner 110, at 12:44pm this afternoon. Wouldn't be a big fan of the watch myself, based on the feedback I have read, but someone might like to take a punt, particularly if it's heavily discounted.

With €60 you could buy yourself another Motorolla MOTOACTV GPS thingy-mabob!
    Don't knock it if you haven't tried it :P

Now that Morotola I was tempted by, got some decent reviews and handy to have the music on it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Now that Morotola I was tempted by, got some decent reviews and handy to have the music on it too.
    I’m really tempted by it, too. Trying to decide how much I need/ want it!

• Advertisement

The Forerunner 310xt + HRM is back on sale today as part of Amazon's Black Friday sale, at 2:45pm. It will probably be at the same price as it was on Tuesday (£149.99 sterling). If so, that's a very solid price (normally £209.99), but according to ThisRegard, it was sold out within two minutes on Tuesday, so if you want it, you'll have to be quick.

If you have relatives (or a work head-office) in the US, this is a cracker of a deal: Garmin Forerunner 410 with HRM, for $149.99. That's around €116 in new money. You'd have to ship to a US address though and somehow get it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

If you have relatives (or a work head-office) in the US, this is a cracker of a deal: Garmin Forerunner 410 with HRM, for $149.99. That's around €116 in new money. You'd have to ship to a US address though and somehow get it home.
    Krusty, seems to be plenty of pros to this watch. Are there any cons that you can share? Looking for a watch purely for running btw.

Krusty, seems to be plenty of pros to this watch. Are there any cons that you can share? Looking for a watch purely for running btw.
    The bezel can be quite annoying to use, particularly if you have to use it during a run. Most people learn to just lock it when you start the run though and ignore it until the end of your run. Also the battery life is 8-10 hours. Perfect for most needs, but if you were heading away for a weekend of long runs, you might need to bring a charger. Solid watch otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

The bezel can be quite annoying to use, particularly if you have to use it during a run. Most people learn to just lock it when you start the run though and ignore it until the end of your run. Also the battery life is 8-10 hours. Perfect for most needs, but if you were heading away for a weekend of long runs, you might need to bring a charger. Solid watch otherwise.[/
    Not familiar with these at all - can you tell me what a bezel is??

The bezel can be quite annoying to use, particularly if you have to use it during a run. Most people learn to just lock it when you start the run though and ignore it until the end of your run. Also the battery life is 8-10 hours. Perfect for most needs, but if you were heading away for a weekend of long runs, you might need to bring a charger. Solid watch otherwise.[/
    Not familiar with these at all - can you tell me what a bezel is??
    The Bezel is the outside face of the watch. It is touch-sensitive, and is used to manipulate the menus/options of the watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Amphibian King sale starting tomorrow, lasts for one week
    25% off all stock in store (except Garmin and Polar stuff)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

RayCun wrote: »
    Amphibian King sale starting tomorrow, lasts for one week
    25% off all stock in store (except Garmin and Polar stuff)

Was sure I saw your better half up getting the kids shoes today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Was sure I saw your better half up getting the kids shoes today :D

She was, she said she saw you. I can't afford new shoes until the new year :( but I'll drop in that stuff for you tomorrow on my way to the track...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Sweatshop.co.uk have a 20% off deal going 'til Sunday 9th, use code XMATCL at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Outside

Just spotted Wiggles 12% off orders over 99£ for 12/12/12, Use "12EXTRA" as voucher code. ONLY ~3hours left though!!

Garmin 310xt on Amazon lightning sale @5:59pm today. Current price is £198.99, so it may drop to around to around £141 (sterling) if previous discounts are anything to go by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

at least 20% of Garmin at wiggle.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Garmin 310xt on Amazon lightning sale @5:59pm today. Current price is £198.99, so it may drop to around to around £141 (sterling) if previous discounts are anything to go by.

Last few lightening deals have been 6-7%, if you do order consider parcel motel if you don't have a UK address for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Deal from wiggle.

Buy one box of High5 energy gels and get another box for free. So thats €25.84 (delivery is €4.82 to Ireland) for 40 gels.

Link

Deal from wiggle.

Buy one box of High5 energy gels and get another box for free. So thats €25.84 (delivery is €4.82 to Ireland) for 40 gels.

Link
    Delivery from Wiggle should be free. they only charge for expedited delivery (courier) or a cheeky Ryan-air like option to move your procurement to the top of the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Delivery from Wiggle should be free. they only charge for expedited delivery (courier) or a cheeky Ryan-air like option to move your procurement to the top of the list.

Or used Parcel Motel if they deliver free in uk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

List price €42! :eek:

They should only be €18 for a box. Though at 2 for 1 thats not a bad deal.

List price €42! :eek:

They should only be €18 for a box. Though at 2 for 1 thats not a bad deal.
    They taste like sh1t, so they're bad value at any price. ;)

Amazon selling the Forerunner 410 + HRM for £135 again (free postage, however, price in basket will increase slightly for Irish VAT rate).

*Edit*: Actual price (including Irish VAT rate): £138.71 (or €158.61 of your earth Eurons).

*Edit* *Edit*: The Forerunner 405cx + HRM is £120 (probably around €140 delivered).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Amazon selling the Forerunner 410 + HRM for £135 again (free postage, however, price in basket will increase slightly for Irish VAT rate).

*Edit*: Actual price (including Irish VAT rate): £138.71 (or €158.61 of your earth Eurons).

Just in case some people dont know this, if your office uses a uk portal for its internet you wont pay the higher vat. Also think if you use parcel motel to the north, you wont pay the higher vat but could be wrong.

Just in case some people dont know this, if your office uses a uk portal for its internet you wont pay the higher vat. Also think if you use parcel motel to the north, you wont pay the higher vat but could be wrong.
    The VAT difference is £3.71 (€4.24). Parcel motel costs €3.50, so you can save yourself €0.74. Throw in the petrol money to drive to your local parcel motel and I call it a draw. The satisfaction of having it signed and delivered to your place of work? I'd go for that option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

*Edit* *Edit*: The Forerunner 405cx + HRM is £120 (probably around €140 delivered).

my garmin 110 is on its last legs after over 2 years of trustworthy abuse taking. All i really want in something new is a HRM and the ability to see lap pace as well as overall average - would you recommend an impulse buy of either of the above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

claralara wrote: »
    my garmin 110 is on its last legs after over 2 years of trustworthy abuse taking. All i really want in something new is a HRM and the ability to see lap pace as well as overall average - would you recommend an impulse buy of either of the above?

I can deffo recommend the 410 CL. Go'wan Go'wan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I've a link to a 310XT for €155 about 2 pages back up in the garmin megathread (Post 2226).
    Worth considering also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

pistol_75 wrote: »
    I can deffo recommend the 410 CL. Go'wan Go'wan

Me too. Got one recently after having a 110 and I really like it.

The VAT difference is £3.71 (€4.24). Parcel motel costs €3.50, so you can save yourself €0.74. Throw in the petrol money to drive to your local parcel motel and I call it a draw. The satisfaction of having it signed and delivered to your place of work? I'd go for that option.

1st 2 parcel motel stays are free.

• Advertisement

claralara wrote: »

Belcarra's 310 is a better deal and has a significantly better battery life, but you'd have to buy the HRM separately. You should also try one on first, as it's a pretty chunky watch and may not suit. The 4xx watches should fit fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Belcarra's 310 is a better deal and has a significantly better battery life, but you'd have to buy the HRM separately. You should also try one on first, as it's a pretty chunky watch and may not suit. The 4xx watches should fit fine.

That is a good deal, I think the 310 was nearly €400 when I bought my 305 a few years ago. CL, you have the HRM Strap already and on the wrist there shouldn't be too much difference between the 310xt and mine which you've worn.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

$1 off roadid.com order with code: ThanksBarry24532974

Had to replace my fixx id I had with them so got it in a e-mail yesterday, through using a few different coupons I managed to get $6 off my order :D

belcarra wrote: »
    I've a link to a 310XT for €155 about 2 pages back up in the garmin megathread (Post 2226).
    Worth considering also.

Went to order two of these (his 'n' hers ;)) but by the time V.A.T. and delivery to Ireland is included they are €195 each... Probably still a very good price, what do you guys think?

digger2d2 wrote: »

Went to order two of these (his 'n' hers ;)) but by the time V.A.T. and delivery to Ireland is included they are €195 each... Probably still a very good price, what do you guys think?
    Remind me again, is this from a UK supplier? If so 'parcel motel' it.

belcarra wrote: »
    Remind me again, is this from a UK supplier? If so 'parcel motel' it.

Yeh John, UK supplier but not free delivery for the UK so would parcel motel be a non runner?

digger2d2 wrote: »

Yeh John, UK supplier but not free delivery for the UK so would parcel motel be a non runner?
    Ahh, perhaps not...check the t's & c's of the offer to be sure.

Bit of running gear in Lidl next Thurs

Socks - normally good.
    Runners - hmmmmm
    Shorts/Tops can be hit and miss - check the sizing
    HRM - I'll grab my coat before that debate starts
    Glasses - maybe ok for running, not on the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Great bargains there! Picked up two pairs, incl delivery for €47! Nice wan!! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement