Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Met Eireann

Options
  • 02-11-2008 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

a8661b23a0.jpg

Shows my interest in Weather goes back longer than i care to remember, this publication has survived 21 years in my attic , A4 size and goes to 107 pages and good few photographs also .

I dont know if anyone collects this material nowdays but if anyone is interested then let me know , i'll even send it for free to the right person :D......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

ce0532b8d3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

No idea if I'd qualify as a "right person", but I'd appreciate receiving this and would gladly cover postage if I don't qualify.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

How about we all get a read of this - post it to the next boardsie on when you're finished...

my 2c.

Danno wrote: »
    How about we all get a read of this - post it to the next boardsie on when you're finished...

my 2c.
    Yes a good plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

I've a copy of that in the attic in my parents house. And it's in mint condition. A good read alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

I too be interested, +1 to Danno's idea.
    Fair play kerry1960, a good find :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

I have that exact book at home too, some interesting pics inside (like the snow of 82 in rathfarnham,Dublin) but most of it is just about the history of Meteireann.
    At the back there's an odd photo of that idiot from sky news weather(Francis Wilson) with Bertie Ahern, aidan nulty, Gerry Fleming and other meteorologists taken in 1986. I honestly never knew Francis Wilson is an actual qualified meterologist with the way he delivers his forecasts! This video isn't too far off the mark tbh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPIn-jdo24Q

Mothman wrote: »
    No idea if I'd qualify as a "right person", but I'd appreciate receiving this and would gladly cover postage if I don't qualify.... :D

Had you in mind anyway M M ,can you p.m. a forwarding address .

Mods , if im infringing copyright delete it.
    18b82337eb.jpg

Mr Postie should be knocking on your door this week Mothman .

Personally i think i deserve a reward for giving away this prized possession , after all Mrs KY has been reading chapters of this publication to me at nightime for the last 20 years.............lol................:rolleyes:

In the meantime if you would kindly arrange for a truckload of fresh Wicklow snow to be sent on to me in late December i'll settle for that......cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

LOL!!! Mrs KY!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭squonk

Danno wrote: »

my 2c.

That's a great idea Danno. If anyone else is on for it I'd love a read of the book also and would happily send it onto the next person after me.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

:p
    squonk wrote: »
    That's a great idea Danno. If anyone else is on for it I'd love a read of the book also and would happily send it onto the next person after me.

Me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Would like to see the pic of the 82 rathfarnham snow!

Google threw up this though which i hadnt seen before:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afss7QL4wAc

forkassed wrote: »
    Would like to see the pic of the 82 rathfarnham snow!

Google threw up this though which i hadnt seen before:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afss7QL4wAc

Just so happened to have this scanned to pc.
    44351855b2.jpg

kerry1960 wrote: »
    Mr Postie should be knocking on your door this week Mothman .
    Have at hand now and certainly an interesting read!

In addition, Mr. KY :) included some copies of Monthly Weather Bulletin from the 90s, that also were residing in his loft.

I have all these already and will gladly forward them on to some deserving soul.
    Sep 94
    Jul-Nov 98
    Mar & Aug 99

Very good Mothman , another satisfied customer then :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Has met Eireann A winter forecast of there own?

Kippure wrote: »
    Has met Eireann A winter forecast of there own?

NO.....plenty of summaries but no predictions...

http://www.met.ie/climate/monthly-summary.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Mothman wrote: »
    Have at hand now and certainly an interesting read!

In addition, Mr. KY :) included some copies of Monthly Weather Bulletin from the 90s, that also were residing in his loft.

I have all these already and will gladly forward them on to some deserving soul.
    Sep 94
    Jul-Nov 98
    Mar & Aug 99

Summaries started in 1986, although they became much more detailed in format from 1990. They always make an interesting read while I am in the James Hardiman Library in NUIG.

Beats studying anyway...;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement