Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EuroDisney France.

Options
  • 21-08-2003 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Anyone been here? What do you think of it?

Comments

Been there about 8 times love it every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

any recomendations? What hotel were u in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭jammy_dodger

been there once never again.

****s sake at least say why!!! Your keeping me in suspense!!!

And say where you stayed too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Been there twice, it was good on both occasions but the Efteling in nl is sooooo much better.

I went to the Efteling first so i had an idea what theme parks should be like...or so i thought. Large forst with amusements fairly thinly spread out (but not tooo thinly) around the place, clean fresh smelling air, lovely scenery. ABSOLUTELY amazing rides.
    Went to EuroDisney, although it wasn't ****, it didn't compare to the Efteling. Euro Disney is more cramped, more like a city with stuff on top of each other. Or at least thats how it felt without the trees. There also isnt as much to do there imo. That said i did have a very enjoyable time and the hotels (been in 2 of em, the wild west one and another one i can't recall) were fairly decent. (2nd one was a more 'upper' class one but not the upper class one ;) )

I'd say it would be really good if your a bit of a theme park n00b, so to speak.

• Advertisement

Cool...are the roller coasters any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

Fantastic...been there twice with my daughter...she loved it.

we stayed in the Santa Fe and the New York....kinda standard, nothing fancy. Santa Fe was a 3 min bus ride to the park, whereas the NewYork was at the edge of the disney village, so only a short stroll away.

I went for the Halloween celebrations 2 years ago, was great not too busy.....might be going this Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Been to disneyworld florida, disneyland paris, and going to disneyland paris again now in a few weeks.

Cant wait, love the place.

Last time,We were a bit short of funds, so we stayed in the davy crokett (Im not even attempting to spell that), it was a pretty nice place actually,rooms were very nice, and the whole themed setup was good too... big wild west pubs, arcades ect ect... only letdown was that you had to walk to the park from there, its alright walking there,but after a hard day of walking around disneyland, you wouldnt want to walk all the way back home..

This time around though, its the 5-star hoteldisney for me :D
    cant wait to see what this disney studios is about, and their ripoff of the rock n' rollercoaster..

Whats your favourite out of them all? And what are the roller coasters like?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,247 ✭✭✭✭Victor

For rides only there is also Fantasialand in Germany (Between Bonn and Cologne). http://www.fantasialand.de/cgi-bin/xshcgi305?SFMCF=phantasia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Rollercoasters are pretty good...bar thunder mountain, that was a 3hr que and it sucked.

And my favorite disney was obviously florida, since it had a load of other theme parks there, and its about 6x the size of paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Working from memory here (and i aint been there for about 3 years but..)
    in Euro Disney they have:

- Indiana Jones - very short but lopp de loop.
    - Space Mountain - get shot into space, pretty good.
    - Thunder mountain- fairly long but not very spectacular. Goes around a 'mountain' tho which is cool.

Think thats all the ones in Euro Disney.

Im assuming you just wanted Euro Disney but incase you wanted from Efteling as well i've listed the ones i recall:
    -Python- Short very fast ride with loop de loops and a couple corkscrews.
    -Regular - wooden roller coaster which is a tame version for the place. Still enjoyable if you dont want corkscrews and Loop de Loops.
    -Bobsleigh- A bobsleigh course, exactly the same except wheels on the sled instead of those skate things. Loads a fun.
    The Eagle (or sommet) - Underground/inside ride where you fly abut an indoor rollar coaster being bombarded by flashing lights and the like. Wind is blown in ur face to make it seem faster than it is. Great craic
    Pirana- Not so much a roler coaster as a wacky water ride. You are put ina large round rubber boat which bounced around between waterfalls and rapids. You will probably get wet, loads of craic.

If ya want i can try to name what else these palces have, for different ages and such but i dont know if u want that info. Gimme a shout if u do. This thread is bringing up fun memories ;)

ANyone ever been to Duinrell in nl? Absolutely class. Its a water park with slides that have u going 75kmph. Had me shaking after it the first time, wasnt expecting it at all :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I was there last year, Honey I Shrunk The Audience is great, it's a 3-D cinema jobby and is brilliant fun. There aren't many rollercoasters and they're not even that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

was there last year, it was brill, went on a monday and is was so dead, we almost had the whole place to ourselves, didnt have to que for anything for the whole day.

I didn't stay in any of the hotels since I lived about an hour from it. I thought the rides were all great fun.

"must ride"
    The haunted house
    Pirates of the caribbean
    Big thunder mountain
    Space mountain
    Indiana Jones
    The star wars ride

I know I'll think of a few others later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Pirates of the Caribbean was always one of my favourites ...

Can someone tell me if Paris Beauvais is near enough to Eurodisney?

Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

From memory (about three years ago) Beauvais is a good few miles on the wrong side of Paris. Its a tiny airport - isolated - and noting to do except wait for a bus or taxi

But Eurdisney is great and you can find the tube (forget what its called in France) takes you there from almost anywhere, so you could stay in any part of the city.

oh great! Intelligent me! I just booked to Beauvais cos CDG was all booked out on Aer Lingus. EEEK! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

paris beauvais is miles away from eurodisney, your best bet is to get the ryanair bus into the city and then where they let u off in paris get a bus out to charles de gaul airport where theres shuttles going out to eurodisney at least every half hour. as it's much easier and cheap than travelling from paris beauvais.

well thats what i thought anyway. my memories of disney land is it rained all day long and most of the shows were cancelled due to the thunder storms and this was in July.ended up buying them stupid plastic banana coats to keep myself dry.

much perfered FUTUROSCOPE in Poiter in the south of france and even parc astricks was pretty good too, only a few minutes drive from euro disney-- alot less time waiting in queues for rides here.

How long would this all take do you reckon? Damn im so silly for booking beauvais!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

the Ryanair bus from Beauvais to Paris city center takes about 50minutes... I've never been to eurodisney and have no idea where it is.. but I'd take car's advice... once you land in beautiful Beauvais the only thing on your mind will be getting out of there ASAP, and the only way out is that bus :>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

Beauvais is an hour out if the city. Ryanair bus will drop you into the city centre. The nearest tube station is about 5mins walk away and you can catch the tube straight to eurodisney (not direct, only one connection)

Ok cool, thanks for the advice guys. Luckily its only a couple of teenagers going.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

been there to euro disney thrice...
    love it!!!!
    went twice thru Beauvais, first time took a VEN TAXi as we were 8 adukt and 2 kids, he charged 70 euro to city centre (sorry to our hostel), stayed in youth hostel as that time bubdget was tight, stayed in paris for 6 days. 2 days in disney...
    but if u are going not more then 3 then BUS is the best option, Bus will drop you at James Joyes Pub, Just take either a metro from there(3 minutes walk) or take a bus (i think it is no.2) ....metro is faster with one connection,
    from beauvais bus takes around 45 minutes...
    space shuttle is just brilliant.....

hostel is nice, u have pub, cinema everything and its clean and cheap www.yhabooking.com

regads

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ok…nothing much to add heer as you’ve all pretty much covered it

:)

The bus takes about 70 minutes and is 10€ single. (leaves 20 minutes after flight)

If money is tight it’s MUCH better to get a hotel in Paris and take the train (RER) out to Eurodisney (9€ return). Hotels in the city won’t set you back anymore than 60€ a room (3 people) and the park is only 40 minutes out (last stop on RER A line).

Thanks a lot for all the info about getting the heck out of Beauvais!! Much appreciated! Now about coming back from EuroDisney, i get the same train to the City...and then do i get a Ryanair bus out of the city or another coach?

Thanks a lot guys,

you seriously are helping me big...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

To get back you get the same trian (RER A, big red line on any metro map you see) back into Paris, getting off at Charles de Gaul Etoile. Then you get the metro line 1 for about 3 stations back to Porte Maillot where the Ryanair bus picks you up or get a taxi from Etoile back for about 5€

• Advertisement

Excellent thanks a lot for the great info.

Just one question...
    or get a taxi from Etoile back for about 5€

Is that a taxi back to Beauvais or back to where the Ryanair bus is?

Cheers...

Advertisement