Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone actually bother with niteclubs anymore?

• 16-08-2003 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭

Just wondering....
    I was out on the piss last night and someone brought up going to a niteclub, club M or the Pod or some ****e.
    He was swiftly laughed out of the bar, and then we had a chat about it....
    I don't think I have went to one of these places in ages because any bar worth its salt these days has a late license usually till about 2.30 3.00

It was about 10-15 euro last time at the door just for the priveledge of being ripped off at the bar.

Does anyone still actually go to "clubs" as in pod/club m etc..?
    Or is it just girls that go to these places to make fools of themselves on the dancefloor while swinging out of a WKD Blue and singing along to the latest S club 7 tune...
    Boys who wear ben sherman shirt, white levis and kickers.

anyway what you think?
    is the club on the way out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

He may have been laughed at cause the POD has gay nights friday and saturday? :)

But ya i like clubbing, i love to dance and don't drink much, best place to go to score too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I really don't bother at all. The only nigthclub I retain any affection for is The Gaeity and I don't really bother with that much anymore, it's a terrible rip off both on the door and at the bar but it's almost almost worth it, which is more than I can say for just about anywhere else.

I've come to prefer sitting, drinking and chatting with a gaggle of mates than standing, shouting and dancing with the same mates. I think a lot of people who still go to clubs do so to score I can't think of any other reason to bother.

Most of my mates who are attached and are 24 - 25 like me just don't bother anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

But you can score just as easily in a late bar.

Easier in fact, because she can actually hear what you're saying.

u talk to them first!? O_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

TBH i really hate night clubs..too many ppl with music that is too loud and too crap ( personal opinion! ).
    i just about bother with pubs anymore.i find the atmosphere a little too harsh ( i dont smoke,and i dont like pop music )
    i just have a few drinks with my friends in one of our houses...it's a lot more relaxed and we dont worry about closing hours or prices :)

• Advertisement

yeah, thats what all the 20 somethings do in spain,
    just have get-togethers in eachothers houses all the time and get offlicense stuff.
    Pity theres a pub culture here though, if we did that we'd never meet anyone.

k just wanna ask something when we're wandering off topic n talking about scoring: how do u approach a person? if i see someone i like i dance up behind / in foront of them... flirty dance for a bit then snog. If they're a good kisser i say hi, ask them their name then over to the seats for some more action and so on ;)

I don't bother wasting time talking to someone first, after all actions do speak louder than words ;)
    In fact anyone who's tried to chat me up i've told em to shut up n kiss me lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Yea but the main problem with night clubs is the music. A few years ago people were into that kind of music, but now the music scene has changed.
    Now if you want to go out to hear some good tunes you usually end up somewhere like whelans, because they have live music and the music style changes every night.
    That why people dont o to clubs as much, that an the fact there packed with little 17yr c*@ts who think there gods gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

azezil,,
    its alot easier for gays to get off with gays coz theres not much competition...

as in hetro's theres millions of guys, girls so u gotta sweet talk them first..

but iv got my girl and need nothing else..

cartman :)

you don't wanna have an oul snog with some girl and then talk to her and find out she's on heroin and has 3 kids and a husband.

I would rather feel it out first, gather information about target, use information to get into knickers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Fisty: hey sexy you got a husband?
    Girl: Ummm no
    Fisty: Well how about some bambinos? Got any of those little fellas?
    Girl: What the hell is a bambino?
    Fisty: Kids, I mean kids, do you have 3 kids?
    Girl: No
    Fisty: How about the ole' smackaroo, the heroin, the golden brown, you into that shít, you a street junkie?
    Girl:uhh..ehh,..nooo... why are you asking me?
    Fisty: Great stuff, now score me, and I have a johnnie for later sweet cheecks.
    Girl: Im only 15....and you're ugly.

Fisty walks off for 5 seconds...stops at next lady.

Originally posted by Sangre

Girl: Ummm no
    Fisty: Well how about some bambinos? Got any of those little fellas?
    Girl: What the hell is a bambino?
    Fisty: Kids, I mean kids, do you have 3 kids?
    Girl: No
    Fisty: How about the ole' smackaroo, the heroin, the golden brown, you into that shít, you a street junkie?
    Girl:uhh..ehh,..nooo... why are you asking me?
    Fisty: Great stuff, now score me, and I have a johnnie for later sweet cheecks.

LOL , but its just a snog who cares who she is or what she is... u can find out that crap afterwards if she's clean u go home with her.

lol.
    zing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Yes...I still go to clubs. But I think nightclubs are different in the U.S. Me and my best girlie friends usually stick to the three clubs we love and dance, drink , then go home. It's very rare we go out to catch a shag. Even the one club we go to is gay. Gay guys are so much fun.....:D

Jebus Sangre you make me laugh. :D

To be honest I haven't scored a stranger in a nightclub since I was about 16. Since then if "first snog" actually occured in a nightclub it was always with all the conversational groundwork done first.

Snogging etc. random strangers always bored me senseless anyway. Whereas you can get to really really fancy some over the course of a few hours chatting over pints, seeing a random sexy thang all dolled up in a nightclub it's as much fun looking as touching for me, and a lot less hassle.

Just not my bag baby. Not my bag.

[Edit] Spelling [/Edit]

if i snog someone in a pub or club its because i want sex that night, no other reason.
    I hate when women don't understand this.

Originally posted by fisty
    if i snog someone in a pub or club its because i want sex that night, no other reason.
    I hate when women don't understand this.
    Lousy bitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I was recently in a club in Waterford called "the forum" was brilliant , two floors - great music - really nice people - average priced drink - REALLY bouncey dance floor and lots of nice ladies - but clubs in dublin in my experience are fairly ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

To be fair the majority are turnin into real skanger holes.

ben shurman shurts.
    weeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Me Burd and me are on deh CHARLY tehnoigh!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i have shirts i wear at the weekend, a couple of them happen to be ben sherman shirts (albeit i bought them about 2 years or so ago) but still look pretty smart, dosent mean im a knacker though

although to be fair i mostly just go out in a tshirt nowadays, but was just the point :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

I am not fussed any more. I'm fed up of all the repetitive music, and it's all electronic dance stuff anywhere round where I live. No such thing as choice, just half a dozen clubs playing the same crap. Except one, that plays total redneck music. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Galway usually has at least one venue where at least one day of the week there's some decent goings on. But the majority are all the same. Same music, same outlandish prices for entry/alcohol, same shallow, irritating customers who wear the same tacky looking clothes and drink themselves stupid(er) in order to hook up with some equally shallow, irritating drunken customer.

Far better to go to a nice pub (ie Sally's) with some friends, have a chat, and maybe go to a house for music, discussion, laughs...
    When a friend has Winamp and a massive playlist, it's always more fun than a club.

And sorry, Big Chief, I can't stand those shirts. The lines, they make me cry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

So Sarky, is that to say you're from Galway yourself?
    If so, do I perhaps know you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    So Sarky, is that to say you're from Galway yourself?
    If so, do I perhaps know you?

We've seen eachother in Sally's for the last few years, and SyxPak introduced us in the Warwick, where you introduced me to Southern Comfort. The rest is kinda blurry... Although there was a short argument about who started wearing long leather coats first. you won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Night clubs are gone to hell lately there overpriced and they have those stupid dress codes, ffs if your going out with a few friends you don't wantto get dressed up in a shirt and tie and have some drunk moron spill beer all over you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

Rarely go clubbing these days..Use to go clubbing a lot more, but its harder as you get older to go out and hold down a job..
    Also i find a lot of people i know have settled down..
    I'm meant to be saving money as well, and I'd blow 150 euro easy enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Originally posted by Sangre

Superb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Pricey bastards the places are.
    Last night i went out with 30 euro. I got a pint bought for me in the pub and then we went to the club. 8 euro admission and I bought 3 pints of Budweiser and had one more bought for me(sounding like a right cheap git aint I:D ). This morning I had 7 euro left in my pocket. That means that 3 drinks must have cost close to a fiver each. When you have a few in you already you dont take into account how much your paying in a dark and noisy atmosphere but weighing it up its enough for the jobless like myself. I think these places must move the price up and down as it suits them. Perhaps they moved it up because they didnt have as huge of a crowd in as usual-the fuzz were really coming down on the kids drinking in the last few weeks so admission was near impossible without Garda ID,licence or passport(I have none of these and they wouldnt accept my ID as it wasnt official so we,along with more than half of the people there last night had to sneak in a side door)
    Nevertheless i enjoy a good drunken mosh dance. Drink is the only thing that can make me like most dance music enough to move to it.
    Well,apart from yokes. And coke most probably though ive never got my hands on it yet.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The problem I find with most late bars is that the music is just as loud as a nightclub, so you end up trying to shout at everybody anyway. I was in the Qube last night and they seemed to jack up the music every half hour. You might think that was probably perception, but there was a noticeable hike at 11:30.

Advertisement