Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CE Scheme + part time job

Options
  • 29-09-2020 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hello,

I understand that it is possible to engage in other part time work while involved in a CE Scheme. Does anyone know is there an earning cut off on the amount you can take home in the part time role while working 19.5 hours with CE scheme? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

greenerie wrote: »
    Hello,

I understand that it is possible to engage in other part time work while involved in a CE Scheme. Does anyone know is there an earning cut off on the amount you can take home in the part time role while working 19.5 hours with CE scheme? Thanks

AFAIK it doesn't matter how much you earn but all the income incl from CE will be taxable.
    Friend of mine was on a C.E. scheme and also worked 12 hr shifts in a factory weekends making good money. It only became an issue when she was too tired to do her CE hours.
    Eventually the factory offered her full-time so she went with that.

Advertisement