Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Train Vest V1

• 14-09-2020 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

I came across the Free Train Vest when looking around for an alternative to a running belt that i need to replace due to wear and tear. I find it uncomfortable too so wanted something instead of buying a replacement.

I ordered this over the weekend and will report back when it arrives and i have used it a few times. From the reviews and videos it looks ok, I'll reserve judgement until i tested this out myself on a few runs.

Anyone else here have this Vest, how do you find it if so? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

I thought the ad looked interesting at first.

But when I saw people wearing it out running I think it looks ridiculous, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭spc78

pc11 wrote: »
    I thought the ad looked interesting at first.

But when I saw people wearing it out running I think it looks ridiculous, to be honest.

I have one and it does look a little ridiculous. I rarely wear it for that reason but it is very comfortable to wear and I would wear it trail running if I want access to the phone for looking at map. I might also use it more in winter when I'd have a light zipdown rain layer over it hiding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

A bra for your phone, essentially? :rolleyes:

Each to his/her own but no, thanks!

Freetrain-V1-Running-Vest-14_720x.jpg?v=1593777571

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Klopp

Thankfully, when i go out running i am not out trying to win any popularity or fashion contest making sure i look the part and all my gear matches. I bought it for it's purpose and find it perfect, very comfortable, although overpriced and a tad silly looking.

I dumped this after using it twice, one look in the mirror before my second time to use was enough for me to see what it looked like on. What a complete waste, i can't believe i thought it was acceptable and looked OK on :rolleyes:. I am going back to a belt :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Klopp wrote: »
    I dumped this after using it twice, one look in the mirror before my second time to use was enough for me to see what it looked like on. What a complete waste, i can't believe i thought it was acceptable and looked OK on :rolleyes:. I am going back to a belt :D

Klopp if you have not actually dumped it, send us a pm

but1er wrote: »
    Klopp if you have not actually dumped it, send us a pm

PM sent.

Advertisement