Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems since getting vaccinations

Options
  • 18-09-2012 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Just looking into some research on this...Ive spoken to a doc and theyve "reassured" me that there is no link, but am not convinced, so if anyone knows anything to the contrary, please share. Am not a science person at all.

Was travelling to Asia fairly recently. So I got shots...first appointment I got hep a, hep b, tetanus...the usual ones.

I got the hep a/b, and almost immediately felt very very sick. Within about 30mins, Id gotton my period - which wasnt due for another week. Let me tell you I am regular as clock work.

Second visit I got more hep a/b, and explained to the doc what happened-he brushed it off-no link.

Since then, about 3 months ago at this stage, my periods have become irregular, painful (extremely sore boobs etc). I didnt have this before except when I went on the pill for a few months, but was so sensitive came off it.

Am not looking for medical advice, more interested to know if vaccinations could cause all of this? Or how biologically these vaccinations work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

I don't know of any published links between these vaccines and menstrual irregularities. Millions of people get vaccinated for these every year, more than enough for trends to become apparent. Neither can I think of a biological mechanism that would connect the vaccinations to your symptoms anyway.

There are many known causes of irregular and painful periods. Maybe something else is going on. Why not return to the doctor and ask for a work-up for irregular, painful periods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

we don't offer any comment whatsoever on personal medical situations. if you're not happy with your doctors advice seek a second opinion.

thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement