Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

150 years of the Origin. Celebrate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

It is my bible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

piby wrote: »
    It is my bible :)

Not at all. This book is based on facts. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Whoo Happy Birthday to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I tried to read it this year in celebration. I got stuck at about page 240. I found it very difficult. I would say I understood only about 50% of what I read (that is being generous to myself) It is a fascinating subject. I am currently reading The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins. It is a very good book. The chapter on embryology was lost on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I tried to read it this year in celebration. I got stuck at about page 240. I found it very difficult. I would say I understood only about 50% of what I read (that is being generous to myself) It is a fascinating subject. I am currently reading The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins. It is a very good book. The chapter on embryology was lost on me.

Ive read the selfish gene and I have a copy of Origin ready to go but need a few 'dumber' books as a break first..happy birthday as late as it is..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I got a two in one, book of The Voyage of the Beagle and Origin. Voyage is first and I'm enjoying it so far. Great to see how passionate he was and how he just loved the beauty and wonder of the natural world. Definitely inspires me to work harder at college.

Advertisement