Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business 2nd Year Modules

Options
  • 02-02-2010 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey,
    Does anybody have a copy of the course outlines for EP4003(Entrepreneurship & Innovation) and AC4004(Accounting for Auditing Frameworks) which they can PM me- or even a general gist of them as they don't seem to be on Sharepoint.

I missed the first day last week and can't get a hold of them. Soo worried. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I missed all of last week actually so if someone could PM me the same I would appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

I have the course outline somewhere (AC4004), he's only handing out physical copies for some reason. It's definetly not up on Sharepoint which is very strange as John Heneghan is usually very organized regarding lecture notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

starmannow wrote: »
    Hey,
    Does anybody have a copy of the course outlines for EP4003(Entrepreneurship & Innovation) and AC4004(Accounting for Auditing Frameworks) which they can PM me- or even a general gist of them as they don't seem to be on Sharepoint.

I missed the first day last week and can't get a hold of them. Soo worried. :pac:

The course outline for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is on Student Portal.

Just log onto Outlook, click on "More" at the top of the page, then go to "Lecture Notes (Off Campus Access), find Michele ODwyer, and you'll find it.

It's listed as "EP4003 Course Description"
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 starmannow

Thanks busi girl! :)

By any chance does anybody have the course outline for AC4004 - John Heneghans class?

It's still not up on Sharepoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FireFly09

He is not putting the course outline up at all. he gave it out in paper format in the first lecture and is pissed off nobody is turning up to lectures so isn't using sharepoint! also tutorials started week 2 and usually he reminds people of this but he didnt!

so for AC4004 you're gonna have to photocopy notes you missed from other peeps!

• Advertisement

It's actually a farce that he is even getting away with this. It's one thing not putting up lecture notes but the bloody course outline. That is outrageous and very unprofessional - not even mentioning the start date of tutorials takes it one step further.

neo2010 wrote: »
    It's actually a farce that he is even getting away with this. It's one thing not putting up lecture notes but the bloody course outline. That is outrageous and very unprofessional - not even mentioning the start date of tutorials takes it one step further.

To be fair to Heno...I would be pissed too if people weren't turning up to lectures.

It happened last year with Business Info. 2. People didn't bother their arses to turn up for lectures, and then got all pissed off when he wouldn't put up the notes at the end of the semester. :rolleyes:

I seem to remember one of the class reps telling the class to bombard him with e-mails. :confused:

Just wondering, how many people are in the Accounting Major?

I understand if nobody is turning up but I thought it was a lecturers duty to at least post the course outline. If a majority of students are not turning up, the ones that actually do turn up shouldn't be penalized for the actions of others.

By the way, busi girl are you in the AC4004 class? :)

I understand if nobody is turning up but I thought it was a lecturers duty to at least post the course outline. If a majority of students are not turning up, the ones that actually do turn up shouldn't be penalized for the actions of others.

By the way, busi girl are you in the AC4004 class? :)

Nope, I'm doing Marketing :), but I still get really annoyed about people not turning up for lectures :mad:

Fair enough, it is a little unfair of him not to post the Course outline. Heno is pretty no nonsense though :P

He doesn'gt pussy foot around.

Does he still do the "2 minutes past the hour..." stuff?:P

Nope, I'm doing Marketing :), but I still get really annoyed about people not turning up for lectures :mad:

Fair enough, it is a little unfair of him not to post the Course outline. Heno is pretty no nonsense though :P

He doesn'gt pussy foot around.

Does he still do the "2 minutes past the hour..." stuff?:P

Yes unfortunately, he is such a showman it's not even funny. In person he's actually really sound but in the class he gives off the impression of being an extremely annoying perfectionist. He will disgrace you in front of the whole class if your ten microseconds late for the lecture.

I had him in 1st year for accounting and thought that was as much as I'd be seeing of him...how very wrong I was! :pac:

• Advertisement

Yes unfortunately, he is such a showman it's not even funny. In person he's actually really sound but in the class he gives off the impression of being an extremely annoying perfectionist. He will disgrace you in front of the whole class if your ten microseconds late for the lecture.

I had him in 1st year for accounting and thought that was as much as I'd be seeing of him...how very wrong I was! :pac:

I was terrified of him, but I did kind of respect him for not taking any crap in class.

It is ridiculous the number of people who spend lectures talking, texting, on Facebook, etc.

I know I sound like a prude, but it's hard enough to follow Entrepreneurship and Innovation lectures without a bunch of girls talking about what happened the night before :rolleyes:

I was terrified of him, but I did kind of respect him for not taking any crap in class.

It is ridiculous the number of people who spend lectures talking, texting, on Facebook, etc.

I know I sound like a prude, but it's hard enough to follow Entrepreneurship and Innovation lectures without a bunch of girls talking about what happened the night before :rolleyes:

LOL I know! It's one thing if somebody doesn't go to a lecture for whatever reason but still does the study at home - these idiots that attend but do fu*k all are the worst.

I see no point at all in actually attending if all you are going to do is distract and annoy the people there to learn.

The problem of attendance would probably be significantly reduced if they had some sort of system to track attendance - signing sheet or whatever. At least that would be an incentive to go to class- but I'd suppose it's up to you whether you want to go in or not. Lecturers don't really care. Most of my friends hardly ever go to lectures, maybe tutorials but barely any lectures.

well he said tutorials start in week 2 on the first day but didnt mention them at all after that. he said that only like 90 outta 190 are turning up for lectures or something to that effect!

and the fact that he handed out the course outline on the first day kinda covers him for university rules i'd say!

the tutor Jamie emailed mondays partial notes, did ya get those?

FireFly09 wrote: »
    well he said tutorials start in week 2 on the first day but didnt mention them at all after that. he said that only like 90 outta 190 are turning up for lectures or something to that effect!

and the fact that he handed out the course outline on the first day kinda covers him for university rules i'd say!

the tutor Jamie emailed mondays partial notes, did ya get those?

I know Firefly he will probably get away with it because of handing out physical copies. I missed the 1st lecture because I wasn't in Limerick and none of my friends have the course outline either so I'm basically screwed.

I never thought something as basic as the course outline wouldn't be posted. John if your reading this I'm very pissed off. :pac:

Firefly if you have the time could you pm me some info off the course outline? - just assessment details and reading material etc. I know the case study is starting soon but I don't know what the final mark is worth or anything.

Boards is actually really useful and I appreciate everybody helping out. :)

Project is worth 25%, due in week 11 AFAIK (i don't have it on me now)

Book is called "Accounting and Auditing Frameworks, A Compilation" by John Heneghan. Got mine in SU for 25e, but most people seem to be buying them new from O'Mahonys.

I downloaded all his stuff from last years class off Public Folders before it was taken down and there was file about the project:

AC4004 Accounting and Auditing Frameworks

Project Report Guidelines

25% of final grade

As a team, you are required to study the annual report of the corporation that has been assigned to you and applying knowledge acquired in lectures, you must proceed to complete a report identifying key accounting and auditing issues.

The project report will have a length of between 2,500 and 3,000 and must not exceed the higher limit.

The project report is due in S109 on Friday, April 17th, 2008(Week 11) at 3pm.

The report will be presented in two parts:

· Part A Conceptual and Regulatory Analysis

· Part B Auditing for revenues

Part A Conceptual and Regulatory Analysis

Firstly, assess how the corporation’s Annual Report has attempted to establish the reliability and relevance of the financial and non-financial information through content and presentation. This will include assessing how the financial reporting reflects and is impacted by the business activities described in the report.

Secondly, describe the key Accounting Policies used by the corporation to prepare the financial statements. The project report should demonstrate how these accounting policies provide insight into the type of business it is engaged in eg. manufacturing or services oriented and describe some of the key accounting standards applied.

Thirdly, the team should detect and then describe how the underpinning conceptual assumptions of going concern and accrual basis of accounting are evident in the Annual report.

Part B Auditing for Revenues

This part must begin by demonstrating an understanding of Audit Risk and describe how it might exist in the corporation being studied.

Secondly, in auditing for Revenue at your corporation, you must describe the evidence gathering techniques used to gather audit evidence. For each technique, suggest an example of a useful substantive test procedure.

Thirdly, examine the Annual Report to find evidence of the Five interrelated components of internal control and describe this evidence or lack of it. These are
    • Control environment
    • Risk assessment process
    • Information and communication system
    • Control procedures
    • Monitoring of controls
    Although the student will recognise these components as part of the COSO framework, you must assess them on how they meet the Turnbull guidelines.

Lastly, the project report must state the type of an opinion given by the Independent Auditor.

Format of completed report

The completed project report must be presented in the following format:

Introduction(Not to exceed ONE page)
    To contain:
    · Brief description of its business activities and its structure whether along product or geographical segments.
    · Number of Directors on the Board and, the number of those who are Non-executive Directors(NEDs)
    · Its stock exchange symbol
    · Address of the Registered Office

Part A Conceptual and Regulatory Analysis

Part B Auditing for Revenues

Appendix

To contain a copy of the entity’s
    1. Income statement,
    2. Balance Sheet,
    3. Cashflow Statement and the
    4. Independent Auditor’s Opinion

Coda

All teams must maintain an electronic copy of the project report presented and if requested by the lecturer, transmit it to the lecturer, at his request.

As i said tutorials started in week 2 and are on a weekly basis with Jamie O'Neill.

Hope that helps you out!:D

Well Firefly fair play to you I really appreciate that!! Your a life saver. :D

Did he have all the lecture and tutorial notes up on Sharepoint before. :eek:

God damn it I should of thought ahead like you.

Would have been so convenient since all the material is there just incase he decided to post nothing - like he has done. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

I'm doing that accounting project this year for heneghan. Anyone have their old project file saved that they could email me? Really struggling and at least then I could try find the information I need for my company

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cglanton123

Does anyone who opened or replied to this thread have a copy of their project. It's a struggle :(

Thanks in Advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Premier17

Hi guys would anyone be able to send me on the report from last year if ye have it!

Thanks guys!

Advertisement