Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Ordered these boots from M&S on Sunday and collected today - in both colours! €60 each and used my €7 Oxfam vouchers off each pair.

The boots are amazing - I would never have thought of looking in M&S for boots! And a really reasonable price as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Sinall wrote: »
    The boots are amazing - I would never have thought of looking in M&S for boots! And a really reasonable price as well.

These ones are much cheaper as they're not real leather. I don't think it shows it very well in the pic but there's a decorative chuky zip up the back- red on the brown ones and blue on the black.
    They have some beautiful leather ones in M&S too, but €115.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

thing?id=5755286

http://www.polyvore.com/dr_martens_8eye_boot_green/thing?id=5755286
    if the link doesn't come up

£27.99 in TK Maxx.... love is not the word for these babies! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Oh had a lovely spree around the vintage and charity shops with the boyfriend today.. got some great bits, I posted my new yellow dress in the what I wore today thread because it's so pretty I couldn't wait to wear it and am now prancing around the countryside wearing it for the rest of the day ;)

IMG_6700.jpg

IMG_6696.jpg

Grey-blue pleated wrap around skirt with embroidered detail: charity shop (4euro)
    Little leather satchel: Charity shop (2 euro)

These both came from the new St Vincent De Paul chairt shop in the North main st shopping centre, definately reccomend any locals have a look, they have really nice stock at half the prices of all the other charity shops!

IMG_6681.jpg

Handmade blue floral skirt: vintage shop (7euro, got a fiver off for waffling the ears of the girl working about dresses for half an hour :))

Oh and Lindtee I saw a lovely brown floral prairie maxi dress with your name on it in the new vintage shop near Opera lane in the city, it was 19.50!

Also getting some new skirts made up for me by the girl in the vintage shop soon, going picking fabrics for them next week I'm so excited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

thing?id=5755286

http://www.polyvore.com/dr_martens_8eye_boot_green/thing?id=5755286
    if the link doesn't come up

£27.99 in TK Maxx.... love is not the word for these babies! :)

I got the pink ones, such a bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

18G14FMUL_thumb.jpg Love leopard-print! From Miss Selfridge. I have to stop buying one shoulder dresses...

34I05FBLK_thumb.jpg Skirt for work, also from Miss Selfridge

DR03816_082_a.jpg It's my birthday next week, hopefully gonna wear this for dinner, from Lipsy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Marks and Spencer's:

41FrC9OUiyL._SX85_SH35_.jpg

I reckon it'll be great for daytime wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Some great buys there, Sapsorrow. I can't pick which one I like best they are all so pretty:) But that little bag is beautiful and unbelievable for 2 euro. You have a great eye for nice things. Must do a traipse of the charity shops in Cork some day soon, when the grandparents next take the boys. Will check out that vintage shop too.

lindtee wrote: »
    Some great buys there, Sapsorrow. I can't pick which one I like best they are all so pretty:) But that little bag is beautiful and unbelievable for 2 euro. You have a great eye for nice things. Must do a traipse of the charity shops in Cork some day soon, when the grandparents next take the boys. Will check out that vintage shop too.

PM me your address and I'll stick the little satchel in the post for you! I have too many already, I just bought it on the assumption I'd find someone I know who'd like it eventually!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Oooh I love this dress! Down to €18 in the sale Topshop

Got these for my new season uniform
    One
    Two
    Three

And two pairs of chelsea boots in Penneys, only €15 each. One pair black, the other tan. Just HAD to get both at that price.

DONE in the shops for a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got these clips in Boots today for €4.45.

125717.jpg

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    PM me your address and I'll stick the little satchel in the post for you! I have too many already, I just bought it on the assumption I'd find someone I know who'd like it eventually!

Thanks for that:) I couldn't expect you to do that. I'll check through my many stuff and maybe we could do a swap though (would feel better about that), watch this space:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I indulged in some serious retail therapy this weekend. First up was a Vivienne Westwood handbag (the Bam Bam bag) only mine is in semi-glossy black leather

Vivienne-Westwood-Bam-Bam-Bag.jpg

We then went down to Kildare Village today, where I got a lovely pair of pale purple patent pumps in Bally, which were reduced to E60.

P12394756.jpg

I also picked up a lovely jewel print ruffle top in Ted Baker (sorry, but can't find a pic).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/dr/dr-martens--jenna-toki--dark-brown-palatino.jpg

Pic is a little too big to post. They're calf-length and very comfy!

Bought from a Dr Martens shop.

Also this, but in a dark brown, from Tim Bargeot http://www.timbargeot.net/popmanteau1.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

dudara wrote: »

Gorgeous bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks Twee - I'm chuffed with it. All the hard work during the year feels worth it somehow when I reward myself this like.

BroomBurner - I love those Doc Martens, there's a real feeling of Victoriana from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

dudara wrote: »
    I indulged in some serious retail therapy this weekend. First up was a Vivienne Westwood handbag (the Bam Bam bag) only mine is in semi-glossy black leather

Wow I love it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Went on a little budget trip to Penneys - I love their stuff, because I'm hopeless with good jewelry -
    I always either lose it or get sick of it. Here are 2 pendants and 2 giant rings, the total was around €10/€12:

editedresizedjewelleryaugust2010.jpg

Went on a little budget trip to Penneys - I love their stuff, because I'm hopeless with good jewelry -
    I always either lose it or get sick of it. Here are 2 pendants and 2 giant rings, the total was around €10/€12:

Which Penneys did you get them in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Which Penneys did you get them in?

Longford, but I saw them in Mullingar during the week too. I'd say any of the larger stores have pretty much the same stuff at the minute, lots of vintage-looking things!

Longford, but I saw them in Mullingar during the week too. I'd say any of the larger stores have pretty much the same stuff at the minute, lots of vintage-looking things!
    Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Bit of a spree today, picked up a coat similar to the one below for work, beautiful Wool/Cashmere blend, very soft, very long, very elegant; it's my perfect black work coat:D
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLSp0jnrULkA629gFVIMG1iLSYxqMUZihSYjDkf4FopFR_PzE&t=1&usg=__80O4Yx1wQPlZYiMDFFSpXZgmK2k=

Then bought these in Schuh:

1158347060.jpg

Followed by some sale shopping in Warehouse where I got me some grey skinny jeans, a black tunic, long olive green waistcoat, and lovely black striped top, and Debenhams where I picked up a gorgeous pair of black pumps and cankle hiding beige Gladiators:D, followed by a trip to Dunnes where I found a really cute Savida Navy and white polka dot dress on a sale rack which I teamed with a pair of Navy Mary Janes for the princely sum of €27:p

I also picked up a beautiful dress with a peacock pattern in one of the small boutiques in town. I <3 it:D

Shopping win\o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Was in Belfast yesterday and some of today. Scored these babies for £13.50 (they was £15 but I got a student discount!)

http://www.missselfridge.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33055&storeId=12554&categoryId=208134&parent_category_rn=208126&productId=1761720&langId=-1

I also got a few make up brushes as my MAC 190 brush fell into water and now as I put foundation on my face the brush itself is shedding! :(

2hex7c0.jpg

Left to right....
    Pink Brush: Foundation and concealer brush £1.50 Pennys
    Purple Brush: Blend and shade £1.50 Pennys
    EyeBrow brush: £1.89 Superdrug
    Foundation brush: £3.99 Superdrug.
    Blending Brush: £1.99 Superdrug.

I also got this ring. My friend facebooked me about it like a week ago and I found it in River Island in Belfast for £9.99.

2ns981v.jpg
    2d8nmz8.jpg
    m8lj5k.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 thesuburbs

Nice stuff! I have the butterfly ring too :) Get so many compliments on it, people are shocked when you say its from Penneys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Just ordered these (and a pair of earrings) from asos with a voucher I got from my birthday:

image1xxlv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

I also got this ring. My friend facebooked me about it like a week ago and I found it in River Island in Belfast for £9.99.

2ns981v.jpg
    2d8nmz8.jpg
    m8lj5k.jpg

They also have that ring in a dog version now:D
    thesuburbs wrote: »
    Nice stuff! I have the butterfly ring too :) Get so many compliments on it, people are shocked when you say its from Penneys.

It's the same for me when I wear the ring. Everytime I've wore it someone has commented on it!

Definatley going to check out penneys later for those pieces of jewellery. Sapsorrow also posted some nice things that she picked up there too. Got the below from etsy. I have had my eye on it for ages, but I think it might be slightly too small...hoping to lose a little bit of weight:o Just think its so pretty.
    il_430xN.156942658.jpg

lindtee wrote: »
    I have had my eye on it for ages, but I think it might be slightly too small...hoping to lose a little bit of weight:o Just think its so pretty.

he he I ended up hiking in the Burren the day before yesterday and was getting changed sitting on the open boot of the car and I fell backwards into the boot (trying to get my tights on) and split one of my snugger fitting Gunnes down the back trying to wriggle my way back out!

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    he he I ended up hiking in the Burren the day before yesterday and was getting changed sitting on the open boot of the car and I fell backwards into the boot (trying to get my tights on) and split one of my snugger fitting Gunnes down the back trying to wriggle my way back out!

*tries not to laugh at the image* That's sad though, splitting a lovely gunne:( Hope you can get it fixed

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

ASOS was out stealing my money again, 15% off Asos stuff though so I couldn't resist!

30675.jpg
    Love these, dying to try them with skinny jeans.

13389.jpg

392b3.jpg

7cb75.jpg
    I had been looking for a nice lbd for ages so fingers crossed this fits well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

New skirt!

tumblr_l47kbrTCF31qbil6m.jpg

<333 Darn asos and it's 15% discount codes! I really need to burn my laser card...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unepetite

Finally found myself some pretty underwear for the uncooperative combination of a small back size/big cup size! Justifying the splurge to myself by rationalising that lingerie is an investment :p

2ngu1wh.jpg

17rf9l.jpg

350809s.jpg

332yzjs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

unepetite wrote: »
    Finally found myself some pretty underwear for the uncooperative combination of a small back size/big cup size! Justifying the splurge to myself by rationalising that lingerie is an investment :p

They're fab! Where did you get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

This arrived for me today:

Jacket

Kinda takes the sting out of winter arriving. It's so cosy- can't wait to start wearing it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Gauge wrote: »
    This arrived for me today:

Jacket

Kinda takes the sting out of winter arriving. It's so cosy- can't wait to start wearing it!!

I <3 this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unepetite

senelra wrote: »
    They're fab! Where did you get them?

T'Internet! They're all by a brand called DimitySO. I got the first one on Figleaves but they have a fairly small selection in my size at the moment so the others are from http://www.bras.co.nz ; they deliver to Ireland from New Zealand for about 10 Euro (which I reckon is fairly decent by today's delivery charge standards!)

Oh, just a tip if anyone is looking into them, definitely get one back size bigger as the band sizes are very small. E.g. I'm a 30FF in EVERY brand but I've to take a 32FF in these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

http://www.awear.com/new-in/teal-corsage-batwing-dress/invt/10401103teal/

€45 with student discount :) Would normally find A-wear's dresses to be either extremely odd-fitting or much too short, with the odd gem to be found. This is really classy looking on, I love it. There's two other colours/patterns too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

http://www.awear.com/new-in/teal-corsage-batwing-dress/invt/10401103teal/

€45 with student discount :) Would normally find A-wear's dresses to be either extremely odd-fitting or much too short, with the odd gem to be found. This is really classy looking on, I love it. There's two other colours/patterns too.

I was looking at the dress on the website in grey and I liked it a lot but I imagined it wouldn't be nice in real life haha like you said weird fits and stuff in awear a lot of the time. and some stuff are just so short on me cos I'm tall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Well I'm 5'5 which isn't tall but loads of their dresses would barely be decent on me, this one is a classier length, not knee-length but not far off- the transparent bit is lower than the lining. The neckline is slightly lower than the photo shows, but apart from that it's exactly as how it looks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

55016547_m1.jpg

This arrived today, havn't tried it on yet but it looks and feels gorgeous. It' actaully a real hot hot pink!

http://www.shoerack.ie/shoe-rack-plain-platform-court-23179.html

Also got these in a more nude colour that they don't seem to have on the website :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 angusdeaton

Got these two on Asos. Should be delivered tomorrow!

asos4.png

and this hat

asos-olivia-3.jpg

http://whenfifiwasfour.wordpress.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Got 3 dresses today in Pamela Scott of all places. I had my eye on "101 idees" dresses there a couple of weeks ago, When I went in I couldn't spot any...After a lot of searching I did find 3 different ones, good news was when I saw them last they were down to €35 each....Today I got the 3 of them for €56, because of further reductions and 20% off:) Very nice on. Will still wear them for the autumn winter with cardigans/boots etc.

SDC11341.jpg?t=1283268417SDC11342.jpg?t=1283268417SDC11340.jpg?t=1283268417

Bought these in Bay (outlet in Cleary's) today along with a Black dress which I cannot find on their website.

I will try and take a photo of the dress over the next few days.

Here's the Bracelets anyway.

Silver bangle
    2engraved-flower-bangle-silver-bd0may9-20016229-0-1271774669000.jpg

Green beaded bracelet
    cluster-bead-clasp-bracelet-gold-bd0may29-20017282-0-1274865612000.jpg

I need to return the bracelets though as they are too big for my wrists/arms lol.:(

Along with that, I bought some Clinique items in Brown Thomas and the 'MAC' brush cleaners/shampoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

http://www.janenorman.co.uk/fcp/product/buy-fashion-look-fabulous/day-dresses/leaf-palm-print-dress/10012?colour=brown got this and brown leggings to go with it... Only problem is what kind of shoes would you wear with it?

Eemia wrote: »
    http://www.janenorman.co.uk/fcp/product/buy-fashion-look-fabulous/day-dresses/leaf-palm-print-dress/10012?colour=brown got this and brown leggings to go with it... Only problem is what kind of shoes would you wear with it?
    I would think maybe, ankle/calf boots?

Edit: Or flat sandals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Bought two of these in blue for €24. (www.newlook.com - some great deals)

196440030.tif&tmp=newlook_prodThumbnail&clipcolor=FFFFFF

Edit: The more I look at the green the more I wish I went for a green one but there was no option to get one of each colour!! eh maybe for xmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

A002P_SP116_10_GX0J3c?$prodDetailMain$

Ordered this today from Littlewoods - its €65 and its for my college graduation in November :D:D:D I was dreading looking for a dress!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement