Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Type of restaurant missing in Galway City for vegan

Options
  • 19-02-2020 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello everyone. I'm carrying out some market research for a vegan restaurant in Galway city. There are several options for lunch/day time eats right now. So I am looking at a dinner service, with kitchen closing at 10pm. There are not many options for people who want to dress up and have a nice candlelit dinner, o a Christmas party without having to ask, 'is there dairy in this?'
    My biggest question right now is the cuisine. I'd love to get some feedback.

The other side of the coin is a cafe. As I already mentioned in my opinion there are already several options available. Again, I am all ears if there are suggestions for this too.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Veger wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm carrying out some market research for a vegan restaurant in Galway city. There are several options for lunch/day time eats right now. So I am looking at a dinner service, with kitchen closing at 10pm. There are not many options for people who want to dress up and have a nice candlelit dinner, o a Christmas party without having to ask, 'is there dairy in this?'
    My biggest question right now is the cuisine. I'd love to get some feedback.

The other side of the coin is a cafe. As I already mentioned in my opinion there are already several options available. Again, I am all ears if there are suggestions for this too.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Lime has a 3 course vegan menu. Well, did have the last time I was there.

Greens & co are opened until 9:30 thurs, fri & Saturday.

That’ll do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Veger

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Lime has a 3 course vegan menu. Well, did have the last time I was there.

Greens & co are opened until 9:30 thurs, fri & Saturday.

That’ll do me.

Hey. So would your suggestion be not to open a restaurant at all?
    I don’t feel that two options is a whole lot vs. the amount of restaurants for meat eaters.
    It’s interesting because I’ve heard from other people saying how galway has always had a ‘bohemian’ hippy culture and yet doesn’t have as many options as you would expect. It’s definitely increasing and there are now luckily a nice number of options. But you would almost have expected for more to have always been there. I am interested to hear the thoughts of others too

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Space Dog

I guess there aren't a lot of places where you could have a vegan "high-end" dinner, but I know that John Keogh's have a vegan 3 course menu (on request). Wa Cafe have a vegan sushi option. The Gourmet Offensive, The Lighhouse and Café Temple are vegan/vegetarian only AFAIK. Most of the cafés have a few vegan brunch/lunch options. I really don't think there's a shortage at the moment.

Space Dog wrote: »
    I guess there aren't a lot of places where you could have a vegan "high-end" dinner, but I know that John Keogh's have a vegan 3 course menu (on request). Wa Cafe have a vegan sushi option. The Gourmet Offensive, The Lighhouse and Café Temple are vegan/vegetarian only AFAIK. Most of the cafés have a few vegan brunch/lunch options. I really don't think there's a shortage at the moment.

Also a new vegan deli on Newcastle rd.

Vegano delicatessen.

I go there every Saturday morning.

Thanks for the response. Yeah I definitely agree there are already some options. Especially day time cafes.
    So to confirm, in terms of full sit down service dinner, you think there are already enough options?
    You don’t think there’s space for a fully vegan casual dining setup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Thanks for the response. Yeah I definitely agree there are already some options. Especially day time cafes.
    So to confirm, in terms of full sit down service dinner, you think there are already enough options?
    You don’t think there’s space for a fully vegan casual dining setup?

I'm not a vegan so I'm not really in a position to know if there is demand for this.

I'm not a vegan so I'm not really in a position to know if there is demand for this.

Okay fair enough. Thanks for the feedback

Okay fair enough. Thanks for the feedback

You might be better off putting this thread in the Galway city forum?

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    You might be better off putting this thread in the Galway city forum?

You’re probably right. This is actually my first post so I’m only getting used to how this works. I’ll try that now and see how I get on. Thanks for the heads up

Advertisement