Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HALFORDS Bargains [No Code requests!]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Great deals, but most sold out for Swords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Thanks OP. Reserved a few items!

€12 for the following;

Halfords Stainless Steel Vacuum Flask 0.5L
    Halfords 3 Piece Cookset Pack
    Polar Gear Family Cooler
    Halfords Spork Twin Pack x3 (€1 for three pairs, couldn't pass on that!)
    Halfords Flocked Inflatable Pillow x3 (3 for €5 in the 3for2 offer - we have sleeping mats already so these will certainly be a welcome addition!)

Not too shabby at all!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I got the weird sleeping bag, some tumblers and the €5 non-waterproof 4 man tent.

snubbleste wrote: »
    I got the weird sleeping bag, some tumblers and the €5 non-waterproof 4 man tent.

Link to the 4man tent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

• Advertisement

craggy2 wrote: »

I know its single skin, but the video below it advertises waterproofing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

Techmaster wrote: »
    I know its single skin, but the video below it advertises waterproofing?

Reviews aren't great..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Thanks op, was looking for a deal on a picnic basket. All I need now is a Summer!

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring-travel/camping-caravanning/camping-equipment/yellowstone-4-person-wicker-picnic-basket

craggy2 wrote: »
    Reviews aren't great..

Yeah, a fiver is a good deal, but you'd need waterproof in this country!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭matchthis

Great for the kids to play in though. Cheaper than a toy tent jobby

matchthis wrote: »
    Great for the kids to play in though. Cheaper than a toy tent jobby

I was thinking the same, absolutely perfect for an indoor/outdoor (on good days!) play tent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cool, 2 fun tents - €10.00

Cooler bag x 2 - €4.00

Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭muloc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Thanks, ordered the sporks, wicker basket, 4 man tent and one pillow :)

Got motor oil today for €15, reduced from 25 halfords fully synt 5 w 30, also 5 w 40 for same price

muloc wrote: »

3000 hh not bad.

Decent price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Poles are junk fine for fair weather camping though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Poles are junk fine for fair weather camping though.

I have the 5 man one which I presume uses the same poles. We were in Kerry in June and the weather was bad and there wasn't a bother on the tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭elmicko

Just got a phone call from the Coolock branch to say that half the items that I had reserved, which were in stock at the time, are no longer available.
    I had a look after the call and it is still possible to reserve the items that I was told were out of stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

elmicko wrote: »
    Just got a phone call from the Coolock branch to say that half the items that I had reserved, which were in stock at the time, are no longer available.
    I had a look after the call and it is still possible to reserve the items that I was told were out of stock.

This has happened me, only ever on bargains though. It has been suggested that it's the Halford's staff taking advantage of the prices and taking your reserved items.

A quick search of Halfords threads show it is a very common occurrence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Thanks, ordered the sporks, wicker basket, 4 man tent and one pillow :)

Got motor oil today for €15, reduced from 25 halfords fully synt 5 w 30, also 5 w 40 for same price

Is oil on anywhere? I cant see that from the website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Extra 10% off all items bought or reserved between 12 and 2pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭richieb

elmicko wrote: »

same here, ordered the picnic basket and got a call this morning.....not impressed at all:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I reserved a few things last night and the small 1 and 0.5 litre flasks were not there when I went to collect them. As I had not been phoned to tell me about this the manager said he wanted to make sure I left the store happy, so he gave me 2 of these for €1 each! Thats a saving off the original price of €17!

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring-travel/camping-caravanning/camping-equipment/halfords-stainless-steel-vacuum-food-flask-1-5l

I ended up buying this tent as for €50 how bad could it be. I t will do until I get a proper roof tent for my Land Rover.

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring-travel/camping-caravanning/3-4-man-tents/urban-escape-4-man-tent

richieb wrote: »
    same here, ordered the picnic basket and got a call this morning.....not impressed at all:mad:

my picnic basket will be ready to collect next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

+1 on the picnic basket been in store to collect from next Thursday.
    Wait and see if I get the phone call....

Jeez lads and lassies, those 4 man tents for a fiver are bargain of the year so far, ok they have a HH of just 1500mm but you cant go wrong for €5. Plus the Cooler bags that were €2 - a steal also at that price.

Thanks op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

vicwatson wrote: »
    Jeez lads and lassies, those 4 man tents for a fiver are bargain of the year so far, ok they have a HH of just 1500mm but you cant go wrong for €5. Plus the Cooler bags that were €2 - a steal also at that price.

Thanks op.
    Still seeing loads of these cooler bags instore + the other backpack one with cutlery for €5...

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Big thanks to OP!
    I just picked up 2 today.

Has anyone ever used the waterproofing that you can get in a tin or a spray. Might give it a go.
    Its just a bit mad that the 2 tents together is actually cheaper than the waterproofing stuff. ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I didn't get an email or text to say my order is in store. It was due yesterday. Couldn't get through on the phone today , order was a couple of cooler bags. Worth going in?

got my picnic basket yesterday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Big thanks to OP!
    I just picked up 2 today.

Has anyone ever used the waterproofing that you can get in a tin or a spray. Might give it a go.
    Its just a bit mad that the 2 tents together is actually cheaper than the waterproofing stuff. ha

You can get waterproofing in lidl from time to time dirt cheap, there are 2 kinds though you want the silicone one for a tent the other one is waxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just to jump in here to say I was chatting to the Halfords lads in Liffey Valley, the shop was quiet and almost closed. They said Head office started the sale without stocking the stores in advance or informing them. They have been wiped out of stock and have no idea what is going to turn up on the delivery vans because it appears that those running the website put no limits on most of the sale stock. They said they can barely keep anything on the shelves so much is reserved and some of that reserve stock (depends on what was reserved) isn't arriving at all even though it was reserved online and is showing as arrived at the store to those who ordered.

Thought I better post a photo of my €50 tent bought from this thread! You really cant complain at €50 for this. The stainless steel flask was also only €1, which had been on sale for €12 down from €18. I got two of those because the actual €1 ones I had reserved were sold and the manager was being nice and didnt want me to leave unhappy.

20150817_180238.jpg
    20150817_180227.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Savage set up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jobage!

And a great ALDI table too !! I like the set up !

Picked up a couple of swing balls sets for a fiver each yesterday - awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Just to jump in here to say I was chatting to the Halfords lads in Liffey Valley, the shop was quiet and almost closed. They said Head office started the sale without stocking the stores in advance or informing them. They have been wiped out of stock and have no idea what is going to turn up on the delivery vans because it appears that those running the website put no limits on most of the sale stock. They said they can barely keep anything on the shelves so much is reserved and some of that reserve stock (depends on what was reserved) isn't arriving at all even though it was reserved online and is showing as arrived at the store to those who ordered.

Is that part of it? add to the mayhem and get people into a feeding frenzy to just buy whatever is left, they know whats booked will sell, and they can just rely on people to pick up whatever crap is available?

It's probably over the top but Im having visions of them filming hapless consumers through one way glass and betting on the poor proles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Picked up the Picnic Basket today. Good quality with proper plates & glasses as opposed to the plastic type.

Also picked up a Camaro Remote Control Car for €5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Thought I better post a photo of my €50 tent bought from this thread! You really cant complain at €50 for this. The stainless steel flask was also only €1, which had been on sale for €12 down from €18. I got two of those because the actual €1 ones I had reserved were sold and the manager was being nice and didnt want me to leave unhappy.

I got the same tent, one question about it - The "windows" at the front, is there fabric at the back to cover them up?

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    I got the same tent, one question about it - The "windows" at the front, is there fabric at the back to cover them up?

Yes, there is a triangular flap with toggles that cover those windows up. I will say there is a ridiculous design flaw, or corner cutting flaw in the design.

The part you can see that sticks out kind of like a small awning at the front doesnt actually zip closed at the bottom. This is only held closed by 3 small velcro patches which means if the wind ended up blowing into it, it would be likely to bellow in and and that part of the tent would get soaked if it was raining. It is a truly bizarre omission not putting a zip on it as a zip is not expensive and it would be the obvious thing to do and there would be no problems at all with it.

I will probably buy a few more velcro things and stitch them on it as I would more likely ruin it by trying to put a zip on it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

athtrasna wrote: »
    I didn't get an email or text to say my order is in store. It was due yesterday. Couldn't get through on the phone today , order was a couple of cooler bags. Worth going in?

You won't get an update from them after your order confirmation. Just go to your chosen store at the date & time given on your confirmation email, although they will hold your order for a few days beyond that.

I've use my AxaPlus card for an extra 10% off anything that I've bought and there is a post somewhere with a 15% off discount for September.

Picking up a Swingball tomorrow for €4.20 :D

fdevine wrote: »
    You won't get an update from them after your order confirmation. Just go to your chosen store at the date & time given on your confirmation email, although they will hold your order for a few days beyond that.

I've use my AxaPlus card for an extra 10% off anything that I've bought and there is a post somewhere with a 15% off discount for September.

Picking up a Swingball tomorrow for €4.20 :D

Didnt seem to be any shortage of cooler bags in any of the 4 halfords stores I visited over the main sale week so worth checking out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

they fecken seen yea all coming folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Wanderer78 wrote: »

How so? Just got a swing ball for my kids for a fiver!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

Halfords Wexford Bosch Aero wiper blade for 3 euro, I think 26 & 22 for Renault. Few left

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    We actually got a better deal than our UK counterparts,dunno if it was a mistake but all the sale items had the same numerical value, for example the tent I got was €50 but in UK it was £50(€70) same with sleeping bags €15 here £15 UK,Chairs €10/£10 UK, every sale item + also checked in store in newry...So great deals!!!

We actually got a better deal than our UK counterparts,dunno if it was a mistake but all the sale items had the same numerical value, for example the tent I got was €50 but in UK it was £50(€70) same with sleeping bags €15 here £15 UK,Chairs €10/£10 UK, every sale item + also checked in store in newry...So great deals!!!

Yeah I saw that too. In fact when I told one of my friends who lives in County Down about it, he came south and went into Halfords in Dundalk to buy stuff because of the huge difference, especially with that exchange rate it worked out great for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

soc wrote: »
    [...]

Also picked up a Camaro Remote Control Car for €5
    Thank you very much!

Ms jou just ordered 4 of them for her grandchildren. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

Boardman Road Sport reduced to €440 via web:

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/boardman-road-sport-bike

€540 instore

• Advertisement