Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea vs The Panelling Centre Kitchen

Options
  • 13-09-2020 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi. Im in the process of planning a new kitchen and have narrowed it down to dark grey option from either Ikea or the Panelling Center . I love the sleekness of the Ikea Voxtorp and had initially decided on that but went to Chadwicks the other day and spotted a similar one that I also like from the Panelling Centre.The Panelling Center is heavier and feels like better quality but I cant find many comparisons online between the two. I think Ikea kitchens have a good reputation and a 25 year warranty but dont know anyone with a Panelling Centre one. The Ikea one would be around €2500 cheaper but maybe the Panelling Centre one is €2500 better quality! I have booked design appointments with both companies but would live to hear first hand experiences of both kitchens. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Ikea kitchens compromise too much on the materials for me, hardboard backs, an odd aluminium runner as a top and 15mm doors IIRC. Unless there's a huge price difference and the budget is really tight I''d consider the other options first.

The 25 year guarantee is a guarantee against defects in materials and workmanship. It is not a guarantee the kitchen will last 25 years. Normal wear and tear is what will make a kitchen look old and that isn't covered by the guarantee.

Advertisement