Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clear sky site

Options
  • 23-07-2020 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

is there a favourite site where you can see if it will be clear sky for different part of Ireland?

https://clearoutside.com is one but its a bit confusing to me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

is there a favourite site where you can see if it will be clear sky for different part of Ireland?

https://clearoutside.com is one but its a bit confusing to me

what part do you find confusing? If there is 98-100% of total cloud you're not seeing stars. If it's a lower number say 32% you may see some. If it is 0% for a good few hours there's a high chance of it being clear for that location between those hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

what part do you find confusing? If there is 98-100% of total cloud you're not seeing stars. If it's a lower number say 32% you may see some. If it is 0% for a good few hours there's a high chance of it being clear for that location between those hours.
    I'm starting to figure it out but please look at number to 4 on the attached. See arrow and box.

How is the total % of sky obscured 45% when under that there is 44% low clouds, 19% medium clouds, and zero % high clouds

But these three don't add up to the total of 45% in all yet 45% is the total?

Also 0% for a good few hours is just a high chance of it being clear?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Reversal

I'm starting to figure it out but please look at number to 4 on the attached. See arrow and box.

How is the total % of sky obscured 45% when under that there is 44% low clouds, 19% medium clouds, and zero % high clouds

But these three don't add up to the total of 45% in all yet 45% is the total?

Also 0% for a good few hours is just a high chance of it being clear?

Thanks

Because some of the medium clouds that were forecast, overlap the low clouds, so they don't block and additional 19% of the sky.

Advertisement