Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erection in the Shower

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

'wow i must be in opposite o land i have the exact opposite fear. When im in the jim or after a match i find mine shrivels up very very small tis highly embarrassing so im not a fan of communal showers either like the ones with at least some separation. Dont know why i should be embarrassed really lads never talk about these things'

i completely empathise brother. its not that its small no no its just shy

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Get yourself a pair of Shower Shorts -
    "For the man who has nothing to hide... but still wants to!"

jdshorts.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

imeatingchips, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

'wow i must be in opposite o land i have the exact opposite fear. When im in the jim or after a match i find mine shrivels up very very small tis highly embarrassing so im not a fan of communal showers either like the ones with at least some separation. Dont know why i should be embarrassed really lads never talk about these things'

lol! Same - it curls up into the tiniest little spot it can find as soon as I hit the showers. Not that I really care, its only other men that are seeing it! Should be the OPs opinion too - men get boners, big deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think nowadays all showers should be private. A lot of gay guys use the gym (myself included) and if im in a shower with other straight guys who know, it makes me feel awkward and im sure they would prefer privacy. A mate of mine works in a gym and he says a lot of people ask are there private showers and this is a big factor in whether they join or not. Had a few semi's myself and its very embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

OP: Walk out proudly into the showers with your erection and then start comparing yours to other mens with a smug look on your face. That'll shut 'em up.

'
    daveirl wrote:
    Why are there more gays these days or something?

QUOTE]

No but I think people are more open about there sexuality than they used to be in the past'

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

wigley wrote:
    I think nowadays all showers should be private. A lot of gay guys use the gym (myself included) and if im in a shower with other straight guys who know, it makes me feel awkward and im sure they would prefer privacy.
    Why? If they have any cop on, they won't give a toss; if they haven't, why should you?
    daveirl wrote:
    Spot on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

I'm not a big fan of getting naked in front of people i've never even spoken to before, I wouldn't do it in a room full of men OR women, I dont just throw my clothes off willy-nilly (if you'll excuse the pun). I see absolutly no need whatsoever for it to be practically mandatory to get naked and clean myself in a room full of other men (or women). I'll always just wait til I get home.

It's nothing to do with shyness or whatever(I mean, I've gotten naked in front of friends of mine[not like as show or anything like that]), I just don't get why it should be nessesary for strangers to gather and strip off. And I don't particularly enjoy being surrounded by sweaty ugly men and their penises as they soap themselves up(Don't bother try use the argument that its because I'm homophobic or whatever, because that's just not true and is a very lazy argument to resort to).

To the person who said that we need to learn to separate sex and nudity: thousands of years of wearing clothing will make that a difficult task.

To the OP: I'm sure its just a reaction your brain and body are having to getting naked in the company of others(regardless of their sex), either just relax, or shower when you get home instead, no one will care.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Don't bother try use the argument that its because I'm homophobic or whatever, because that's just not true and is a very lazy argument to resort to.
    Lots of people react like you do ... you're quite right, it has nothing to do with homophobia in the vast majority of cases.
    To the person who said that we need to learn to separate sex and nudity: thousands of years of wearing clothing will make that a difficult task.
    The point that Dave and I were making is that attitudes to nudity do vary quite significantly across different cultures, and that the Irish tend to be fairly much on the uptight side of the scale (though we're relaxing a bit recently, I think).

Our continental neighbours in general are much more relaxed about nudity (in appropriate context, of course!). Not that I'm saying that there's anything "morally superior" about their attitude or anything ... but it makes life a bit easier at times, in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

'It always makes me laugh seeing these threads.

As a straight guy, I can honestly say I wouldn't notice a mates erection - unless the shower heads were really close together!

I have had a bit of a stiffy when showering with the team, it happens, especially as we'd won 5-2, but that's just an adrenalin kick!
    We have a gay guy on our team and he never mentioned it either and we don't care he sees us naked, it's just guys together.

So if you get one, just think of gandalf! he had a big stiff stick! lol'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement