Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Bike recommendations circa €3000 - replacing stolen bike

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Where do you think canyon ship form?
    They do priority shipping from Germany, 2-3 days.
    Most bikes are currently in stock afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

tuxy wrote: »
    Where do you think canyon ship form?
    They do priority shipping from Germany, 2-3 days.
    Most bikes are currently in stock afaik.

Oh - ok. Thank you. Had looked online and they had delivery dates of February for a lot of models. I’ll look again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Depends on what model you want. You could be unlucky and the size you need is out of stock but worth checking as most bikes will be in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Exiled1

Have a look at the Vitus Evo on the CR website. Serious spec. for €3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

I’d be interested in hearing how the Venge was stolen OP, hard luck btw!

• Advertisement

AmberGold wrote: »
    I’d be interested in hearing how the Venge was stolen OP, hard luck btw!

Left it at work in the park lot, for two hours. Came down to move it and it was gone. Have reported it to the Garda and there is some cctv. First one stolen and it’s a sickening feeling.

Exiled1 wrote: »
    Have a look at the Vitus Evo on the CR website. Serious spec. for €3k.

Thanks - didn’t think so them. But I’ll check

• Registered Users Posts: 28 flash84962

Check out Rutland cycles, they have giant and cannondale, some good discounts on 2017 and 2018 models. I bought a 2017 giant xtc recently for about half of the original RRP.

Merlin cycles had a very good sale last week. There was some ex-world tour bikes for around & 3-4000.

flash84962 wrote: »
    Check out Rutland cycles, they have giant and cannondale, some good discounts on 2017 and 2018 models. I bought a 2017 giant xtc recently for about half of the original RRP.

Merlin cycles had a very good sale last week. There was some ex-world tour bikes for around & 3-4000.

Thanks Flash - i’ll check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Any bikes left in Harrys Cycles, Clonskeagh that are closing down. Think today is the last day it's open but have read of some serious offers mainly on tyres/parts.

• Advertisement

Any bikes left in Harrys Cycles, Clonskeagh that are closing down. Think today is the last day it's open but have read of some serious offers mainly on tyres/parts.

Thanks for this - I’m on my way over now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

macken04 wrote: »
    Thanks for this - I’m on my way over now

Have you tried Winstanley bikes? I know very little about bikes, but a kind Boardsie pointed me in their direction before and I got a really nice bike for more than 50% off. Here's a Di2 for <3k:
    https://winstanleysbikes.co.uk/bikes/road-bikes/argon-18-gallium-ultegra-di2-8050-2018-bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Club member just bought Sam Bennetts 18 bike and has a pretty high spec Specialized for sale.

Not sure of size/spec but will meet him in the morning

ford2600 wrote: »
    Club member just bought Sam Bennetts 18 bike and has a pretty high spec Specialized for sale.

Not sure of size/spec but will meet him in the morning

Be great to get a shout - can pm you details if it’s for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

If you're a 54, this is a lot of bike for the money:

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Focus/Izalco-Race-Ultegra-Di2-Road-Bike-2018/HN49

Edit: Sorry, it's not disc so might not be on your radar.

Have updated with my thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I got my Storck Aerfast in Clarke’s of Cavan for €2k. Lot of bike for the money IMHO. He usually has a few other models as well (Aernario, scenario).

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I got my Storck Aerfast in Clarke’s of Cavan for €2k. Lot of bike for the money IMHO. He usually has a few other models as well (Aernario, scenario).

Thanks for that - I’ll give them a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭pjmn

• Advertisement

pjmn wrote: »

Thanks for this - looks like a lot of bike for the money. Will see if CSS can order in

Advertisement