Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World's Women's Elite Road Race (No Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Vos delayed, don't see Ferrand Prevot yet either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Commentator's saying Prevot avoided the crash.
    Vos's swarm have helped her back on.
    Don't see Bronzini either.
    Lucy Garner disappeared, bad news for Lizzie Armitstead but thankfully she escaped the crash and kept on at the front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

It was some smash. Some of the riders look in bad shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Oh my word that was some crash.

Prevot was/is Jose Been's and Phil Liggett's favourite to win

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,539 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just seeing that crash on the BBC coverage - Ras na mBan winner Tayler Wiles caugfht up in it. Don't like it when I see anyone propelled over the bars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Beasty wrote: »
    Just seeing that crash on the BBC coverage - Ras na mBan winner Tayler Wiles caugfht up in it. Don't like it when I see anyone propelled over the bars
    Ah wouldnt worry about it. They wont remember a thing :pac:

Didn't realise that was Tayler Wiles, that was really nasty.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,539 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

MB Lacey wrote: »
    Didn't realise that was Tayler Wiles, that was really nasty.
    It wasn't her that flew over the bars, but she was definitely involved in the crash

She's a couple of minutes down according to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Prevot was/is Jose Been's and Phil Liggett's favourite to win

She's a serious talent; national champion in 4 disciplines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Is there any irish riders in the race? I just seen a few irish flags beside the Castle on the route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    Is there any irish riders in the race? I just seen a few irish flags beside the Castle on the route.

No, Olivia Dillon pulled out earlier this week.

Finally, the race has started. Dutch, Italians and Armistead attacking.

Group of around 15 has gone off the front, winner likely to come from this group I think. 21km to go. Vos, Ferrand Prevot, Armitstead, Brennauer and Johansson all there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Come on Prevot.:D

Ferrand Prevot riding well I think, not spending much time in the wind, just following wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Jaysus lads would ya shut up about Lizzie armistead.

Ohhhh get in!!!

Ferrand Prevot the best sprinter and an impeccable ride. Desperate by Vos, Johannson, Armitstead and Longo-Borghini to let a 12 second advantage disappear like that, blunder.

Ohhhh get in!!!

Cha-Ching!!!! :D:D:D

And they said we were crazy.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,453 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

cant understand why someone didnt attack out of that vos group when they saw the bunch coming up less than a km to go surely better to go for a long one than roll in with the bunch.

well done prevot mind took her chance perfectly

bazermc wrote: »
    Jaysus lads would ya shut up about Lizzie armistead.

Why? She's my favourite racer.

But most frustrating too, why would you have done all that work, be nearly on the finish line and hang out for sprinters to catch up, overtake and beat you?
    Crazy.

Cha-Ching!!!! :D:D:D

And they said we were crazy.:P

Didn't someone get 40/1 on her?

Didn't someone get 40/1 on her?

:cool: Speaking.

I had her @ 16/1. €20 to win.

:cool: Speaking.

Have you been working out how much you could have won if only you'd put €20, €50 etc on her.

Have you been working out how much you could have won if only you'd put €20, €50 etc on her.

Nope! Happy with what I got, I can't get greedy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Why? She's my favourite racer.

But most frustrating too, why would you have done all that work, be nearly on the finish line and hang out for sprinters to catch up, overtake and beat you?
    Crazy.

Apologies my comment was directed at commentators.

bazermc wrote: »
    Apologies my comment was directed at commentators.
    The commentators are speaking mainly to a UK audience. Of course they are going to be focussing more on the Team GB riders - that's exactly what they are paid to do

The 4 that were out front clearly made a big mistake in not pushing on. I suspect if there had been 3 of them with each pretty much guaranteed a medal it may have been different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

How much did you make in the end off that DG? :p

I suspect if there had been 3 of them with each pretty much guaranteed a medal it may have been different

Is that the reasoning behind their bizarre finish? Scared of not placing so they dither and end up not placing anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I have to wonder if Vos wasn't actively assisting PF-P (her team mate) in the last 100m? She saw her coming and must have realised that she was never going to make it in a sprint against the other 3 when they were clearly intent on ensuring that they didn't deliver her (Vos herself) to the 50m to go mark. Strange finish but without a Dutch team mate in a position to win, it looked suspiciously like that to me........not that this would be the first time that happened, mind.

Is that the reasoning behind their bizarre finish? Scared of not placing so they dither and end up not placing anyway?
    Obviously speculation on my part, but they looked like they didn't want to miss out and as a result all but Johansson did. I think the way Armistead was looking round she was hoping toi hold a little in reserve for the sprint but a couple of those who closed the gap had both the momentum and the sprint left in them

Just seen from Vos' fb feed that she had absolutely nothing left with 200m to go. The commentators were also suggesting that Vos helped place Provot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

"No spoilers" is ambiguous. :)

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    "No spoilers" is ambiguous. :)
    Not once you've read the thread:D

Advertisement