Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip to Tipp Weekend of Cycling 18th & 19th August 2012 in aid of the NCBI

Options
  • 17-07-2012 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Trip to Tipp Weekend of Cycling
    18th & 19th August 2012
    in aid of the NCBI - Working for people with Sight Loss

We are running a weekend of cycling in Thurles, in aid of the NCBI - Working for people with Sight Loss on the weekend of the 18th and 19th of August.

The Details are as follows:

Routes:

1. Saturday 18th August 70km ‘Three Counties Tour”
    Start Time:1.00pm

2. Sunday 19th August 180km (Glen of Aherlow & The Vee)
    Start Time: 9.00am

3. Sunday 19th August 100km (Glen of Aherlow)
    Start Time: 10.30am

4. Sunday 19th August 70km
    Start Time: 10.30am

5. Sunday 19th August 20km “Family Fun Cycle”
    Start Time: 11.30am
    All cycles depart from the Anner Hotel in Thurles, Co Tipperary.
    Sign-up today @ www.bikerschallenge.com

Online registration is available for Routes 1 to 4 – the cost of entry is €40 and includes an official Trip to Tipp cycling jersey, refreshments and certificate of completion.

The cost of entry for Route 5 (the ‘Family Fun Cycle’) is €20 and includes a Trip to Tipp T-shirt, refreshments and certificate of completion.

Entry fees for all cycle routes can be raised through sponsorship or by donation.
    Register online @www.bikerschallenge.com or Register on the day

Please see Poster and Jersey attached

For more information and for pictures from last years event please visit www.bikerschallenge.com or Facebook “Blazing Bikers”.

You can also contact:
    Billy at billy05@eircom.net / (087) 925 3225
    or
    Katriona at blazingbikers@gmail.com / (087) 410 6861

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Just signed up for the 2 days, 70 and 100. Never cycled up that way and looking forward to the challenge!! Great cause. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Blazing Bikers

That's great thanks, see you over the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Rallymad

Working saturday night sunday night would love to take on the 180 but cant but will be there for the 70 on saturday.

Only 24 days until online registration closes for the Trip to Tipp Saturday Route & 25 days for all Sundays Routes.
    Registration will also be taken on the day!

So far the 180KM is proving to be very popular this year.....people seem to like a challenge!!

http://www.activeglobal.com/gl/cycling/tipperary-ireland/trip-to-tipp-weekend-of-cycling-2012

After quiet a few enquires from people wanting to make the most of the weekend in Tipperary and take part in a cycle on both days, we are giving people the option of Cycling both days and receiving just one Jersey for €60, instead of €40 each day and two Jerseys.

The entry Fee can be raised through sponsorship or paid by personal donation.

Not sure if I will get the website or Active.com updated tonight but just wanted to let everyone know :)

I will also issue a refund on the day, if required to those that have already signed up to the two days if they just want one Jersey

• Advertisement

After quiet a few enquires from people wanting to make the most of the weekend in Tipperary and take part in a cycle on both days, we are giving people the option of Cycling both days and receiving just one Jersey for €60, instead of €40 each day and two Jerseys.

The entry Fee can be raised through sponsorship or paid by personal donation.

Not sure if I will get the website or Active.com updated tonight but just wanted to let everyone know :)

I will also issue a refund on the day, if required to those that have already signed up to the two days if they just want one Jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

Are there any maps of the routes, thinking of the 100K on the Sunday.
    Thanks

Good chance to visit the outlaws while I am there and then to sneak away for 4 hours :-)

Sorry for the delay, I'll post a link to the map as soon as I get home from work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

The 180 is very tempting depending on the route, 160 has been my max so far.

Please see links below for the 100km & 180km routes on Sunday

100km: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/19426752

180km: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/112651907

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Nice route, the climb up by Mellary and down into Newcastle is one of my favourite climbs. Might do it Thursday.
    Cheek of ye coming into Co Waterford with that name!:D

Please see links below for the 100km & 180km routes on Sunday

100km: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/19426752

180km: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/112651907

ford2600 wrote: »
    Nice route, the climb up by Mellary and down into Newcastle is one of my favourite climbs. Might do it Thursday.
    Cheek of ye coming into Co Waterford with that name!:D

To quote my Dad " Tipp like to display their Talent, on and off the field" :D

It's a nice route alright, just hope we have good weather!!

I tried registering on the website but it looped around the same two pages. Help

Hey ya that's happening to loads of people today, I checked out the site a few times but i can't see a problem, there are still registrations coming in, so maybe it could be just a problem with trying to register from our website, I'm not sure really. Are you trying from there or the Active.com site?

If you want to email me your name, route and jersey size I'll register you and you can just pay on the day blazingbikers@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Terrific day today doing the 70km cycle. Warm and breezy but the flattest course you could imagine. Great craic and excellent organisation. fab food stop so all in all a good day. chilling now and getting set for the 100 km tomorrow so the same weather please ;-)

And so today for the 100 Km route, weather was pretty good, cooler and less wind so we could live with that, a decent enough turn out. We headed off SW out of thurles towards holy cross and onto The glen of Aherlow for the 1 climb of the day, it's tough but do-able. Back around to cashel for more excellent grub and back to the deserted streets of thurles ( sorry about the game folks). Just about dodged those heavy downpours as we finished so we timed it nicely. A superb weekend in Tipperary, very well organised and excellent hospitality. Thanks to all the organizers, volunteers, support staff, you should be proud of your efforts, and all for a great cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Very nice spin,great credit to all involved for food,stewarding and overall organisation,will be back again for this!Class cycling through Urlingford/Johnstown in a peloton of mainly Blue and Gold jerseys on the eve of a Tipp/Kilkenny semifinal!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

Great event today very well marshalled at the junctions etc. Thanks!

Well I must not have been paying attention at the start or studied the map very well, but I missed the right turn at Bansha and added 17Km to the 100k route, on my re-trace , I picked up two others going the wrong way also. Made all the worse by Mother in law who couldnt redirect me properly (she was a local). But overall a very enjoyable day, well happy with my spin, speed and overall recovery.

The Wall go the better of me last week in ToK, but this time the Glen of Aherlow was in for a beating and I gave it a few (whimpsih) thumps, stayed on my bike the whole way up, sweated bucket loads and had a big grin on my mug the whole way down. Loads of decent food and snacks given out. And thanks to a nice bunch of lads from Cork for a nice lift the last 20km or so.

Well done to the organisers, i shall be back next year and maybe I might give the Vee a go as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

+1 to all of the above. I really enjoyed the 70k on Saturday and the 100k on Sunday. Lovely friendly marshalls, great food and even help getting a parking space when car park seemed full:)
    I'll definitely be back next year to do the 2 days again.

Advertisement