Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney wrong way round

Options
  • 24-09-2014 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hey folks , I entered and paid the Killarney wrong way round 160k for this weekend but with Tipp in the replay I can't go , if anybody wants my entry let me know ( freebie ) I'd hate to have it go to waste . And I will send on the details
    Best regards
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭oldzed

Had a taker , enjoy the spin Patrick , let us know how you get on !!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Sikpupi

Anyone do this cycle. Interested in thoughts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Sikpupi wrote: »

I did the hard way around and found it fairly tough. Started to struggle a bit before I got to the first food stop. The climb after Ballinscelligs was one of the toughest I've done. Overall enjoyed it and would probably prefer to do this than the ring next year.

Only thing I'd say is that 150k to the second food stop was probably a bit too much of a stretch.

Also my gear cable snapped and had to do the last 110 on 3 gears which didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Sikpupi wrote: »

It clashed with the Chain Gang Sportive and I did that one. My theory here is the ROK wrong way around should not have been on the same day as another local club event in the same county. I would have no problem supporting the ROK wrong way around but it's more of a commercial event and I am in favour of supporting a local club with their event so on that grounds I went to Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

What a great event!

I opted for the 'Wrong Way Round Cycle'. We were blessed with the weather and rewarded with some lovely scenery. The event was extememely well run and considering it was its first year seemed to run without any hitches.

The route was well marshalled and well signposted, with some testing climbs. The food was fantastic, lovely pasta and chicken sandwiches en route and a welcome bowl of chicken stew when we finished.

I have done a lot of sportives over the years and in my opinion this event is up there with some of the best I have cycled.

• Advertisement
Advertisement