Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thermal gloves

• 19-08-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am getting back into cycling after a long break! I have poor circulation in my hands and would deffo need a decent pair of thermal gloves.
    I will not be doing that much-if any-wet weather cycling so it's mainly just for cold weather I am looking at.
    I will be using a fixie type bike so just breaks no gears, so dexterity is not that important either. As noted my fingers feel the cold more than most people so super warm is where it's at! Any help appreciated. I've looked around the net and not drawn any great conclusions as to a decent pair.
    Thanks for your time :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Layers sounds like the thing. I have a pair of silk under gloves (decathlon) along with a pair of Prendas 'Air Tunnel' winter gloves. Nice and warm in the depths of winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

If dexterity really isn't a requirement - obviously make sure you can pull the brakes - then mitts or lobster style might be best for you. They keep the fingers warmer than having separated fingers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I'd be with cdaly that layers work better than very large gloves. I've a pair of thin full finger gloves that I wear under fingerless in the winter which I find work well. Fit is also important, too tight is liable to restrict circulation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Ugh, is it really coming up to that time of year again? We have at least a couple of months, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Months? U mean weeks right? (Octobers only 6 weeks from now:( )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

Thanks for all the advice. I will go with the layers approach and see how that goes.
    Thanks for your time.

Advertisement