Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Girls Kids 14" bike help

Options
  • 19-10-2018 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi

My kid has been on a balancing for 2 year so time for peddle bike. Budget 100 to 150 ero. I live in Dublin area. Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

What age? If they’re still very young, under 5 then buy something second hand and cheap as they grow out of them so quickly. My oldest girl is on her 3rd bike and is only turned 8 two weeks ago. She’s on a 20” bike, it’s a perfect size for her with plenty of growing room on it. Her other two bikes, 12” and 16” lasted her no time. My younger girl who just turned 6 is on her second bike (16”) but I can see her being too big for it next summer.

Both my girls were on balance bikes for roughly 9-12months first.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Would advise to buy second hand, Young kids outgrow bikes fast.

I’ve got good ridgebacks from rothar.ie might be worth dropping them a mail

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Ridgeback are great. Put an alert in adverts for 2nd hand ridgeback or frog bikes or buy new and sell after, you get a lot of the money back on good brands. Here is bang on budget:

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=114417

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

flatface wrote: »
    Ridgeback are great. Put an alert in adverts for 2nd hand ridgeback or frog bikes or buy new and sell after, you get a lot of the money back on good brands. Here is bang on budget:

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=114417

That’s the one I got from Rothar, only 30 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cathalu

I reckon buy as good quality as you can afford, it’s rare to find good quality kids bikes second hand though. We are on bike number three for our two year old. We got her first pedal bike for her second birthday and she was flying on it right from the gun. I put it down to the quality bikes. Look for Islabikes, Spawn, Squish or Frog bikes. An extra kg makes a much bigger difference to a kid than an adult.
    Delboy007 wrote: »
    Hi

My kid has been on a balancing for 2 year so time for peddle bike. Budget 100 to 150 ero. I live in Dublin area. Any help would be great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement