Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bontrager Duotrap Speed/Cadence sensor

Options
  • 15-09-2017 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

HI,

I have a Bontrager Duotrap speed/Cadence sensor on my Trek Madone. I was using it successfully until I put a pair of Garmin Vecor pedals on. Since then the speed is not registering on my Garmin Edge. It is very frustrating as I cannot log my rides on Strava now. I have replaced the battery in the Duotrap and cadence is registering but no speed. Any tips, advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

I have a Duotrap S on a lesser Trek - here's what I thought of, sorry if you've already covered these, but...

Magnet still attached/correctly aligned to a spoke in rear wheel?

There should be a red/green LED flash for the first 10 wheel/crank rotations (first 10 since Duotrap went asleep after last time, one colour is for cadence, the other for speed, but I forget which is which right now) - are you getting one or both colours?

Have you tried deleting/re-pairing the Duotrap on your Garmin?

Lastly, try removing the spoke magnet and passing it back and forth over the sensor, in case its magnetic field has weakened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I would guess your garmin headset is unable to receive from both as they are both transmitting cadence data. (And the must recently paired unit.. being the pedals I suppose is where your cadence info is coming from)

Your garmin head unit can be set to register speed by GPS rather than a wheel... that will fix your problem I think...
    Marty.

Advertisement